Over the air antenna

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Default Over the air antenna

1. Check antenna.
2. Rescan channels.
3. Be aware that weather will affect over the air signals.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:42 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,087 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
Never have that problem with the firestick
I've been using Firestick for years. But the lousy internet service from Comcast lately drives us back to the antenna often. We haven't managed to get through a movie on Prime or Hulu or Paramount or Sling in over a week. Maybe the storm caused some damage at Comcast, but "20 megabits" in the Villages over cable has always been worse than the sub-5 megabit we used to get over the legacy phone lines from AT&T, out in the country, back in Texas.

The loss of CBS is a big deal. It's the last of the OTA networks to produce real programming. Primetime on NBC and ABC has become nothing but game shows and fake "reality" shows.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTarter View Post
We recently lost the CBS on the antenna. Just wondering if there is a fix.
Check the direction of the antenna. It should be pointed between 112 and 117 degrees.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

The Orlando CBS channel over-the-air seems to be back and running at full strength again.

The Comcast internet problems since the storm seemed to have been resolved, as well. At least, it's no worse than before.

Can't say the same about the CBS streaming service, "Paramount", on Firestick. We still can't seem to get through an hour of programming before the buffering gets so bad that we give up. Often, we can't even get the obligatory first commercial out of the way. It will just sit there with a black screen and a little orange swirly, until I reboot the app a couple of times.

It's enough to drive you back to cable! Maybe that's the whole idea.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=Tom52;1970302]No idea about fixing the problem with the antenna but if you are streaming you could stream all the local channels with Locast. It is $5 per month. I will be dropping cable TV soon and that is my plan for local network stations.[/QUOTE

Is locast available for Orlando stations?
Old 07-13-2021, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Spsmith444;1972070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
No idea about fixing the problem with the antenna but if you are streaming you could stream all the local channels with Locast. It is $5 per month. I will be dropping cable TV soon and that is my plan for local network stations.[/QUOTE

Is locast available for Orlando stations?
Sure, but who watches TV in real time anymore? You can't DVR locast.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:21 AM

Does anyone know if an over the air antenna will work in the Hawkins area down south?
Old 07-14-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2022 View Post
Does anyone know if an over the air antenna will work in the Hawkins area down south?
I'm by the Polo Grounds and get everything perfectly. However my antenna is in an RV garage with no radiant barrier. When I lived by 466A in a normal height attic I got everything but Channel 2. Channel 2 just changed their transmitter so maybe it's better. In general, the further south you go, the better the reception.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2022 View Post
I have the same question.

From looking at the Antenna maps, Hawkins would seem to be best for the Orlando area.

Being new to the area, I'm still figuring out which channels I need for a full compliment of ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox.

I understand that the antenna needs to be mounted high in the attic.

What antennas are you guys using in the Villages?

I was looking this one;
antennasdirect.com
ClearStream-4MAX-Attic/Outdoor-TV-Antenna

I'm open to suggestions since you know the area and probably have researched the antennas that are best for the area.
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, air, recently, lost, cbs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.