Web design

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Default Web design

Looking for someone who wants a small side job to create a web page for me. I want to be able to edit and change on my own. I live in the villages.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:49 AM

I can show you how to start a Homestead website. No charge. Its pretty easy and you can make your own changes both in appearance and content. Here is mine: tinlizziefl.com

You'll have to get a domain, etc. Homestead takes care of that for you.

John Farr

Last edited by johnfarr; 07-05-2021 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:24 PM

[thanks John.

I don’t have the patience and computer skills to design a web site. Is this something you can do for me or suggest someone reasonably priced. Respond to
Suzanne0812@aol.com

QUOTE=johnfarr;1968646]I can show you how to start a Homestead website. No charge. Its pretty easy and you can make your own changes both in appearance and content. Here is mine: tinlizziefl.com

John Farr[/QUOTE]
Old 07-15-2021, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

What is the content of the website? I use this platform to manage two websites. HOA Website & Homeowners Association Website

They have a free version and one or $300 a year with many more features. I use one for a car club and one for my neighborhood.
Marsh Benders | Neighborhood in The Villages, FL
M.Benz Club | Community in The Villages, FL

Pricing :: HOA Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfarr View Post
I can show you how to start a Homestead website. No charge. Its pretty easy and you can make your own changes both in appearance and content. Here is mine: tinlizziefl.com

John Farr
Old 07-15-2021, 03:34 PM

Check out wix.com. I used Wix for a lot of the sites I've built over the years because it's very user-friendly and allows my previous clients to maintain their own sites. You'll find that WIX has many, many pre-built themes that you might be able to use based on whatever you need the website for (info, products, etc.). WIX also provides the option to have them built a site for you. I've always used the "blank" and built the sites from scratch, but that's also easy because there's a blue question mark on all of the editor tools that provides instructions and/or a video of how to do something (the reason I use Wix instead of Wordpress so that people can figure out how to maintain their own sites).

You can also register your domain name at Wix and then it's just a click to connect it to your website. I typically use GoDaddy for domain registrations, but I have used Wix for one of my domains.

What type of site do you need/want? Providing us that info may be helpful in getting the best suggestions for what platform would be the best fit for your goals.
Closed Thread

Tags
web, live, change, edit, design

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.