2012 Family tree maker / Ancestry

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2022, 09:33 AM
Default 2012 Family tree maker / Ancestry

We have 2013 Family tree maker on a PC which is slow and want to convert to a new apple lap top.
2 problems - do we upload tp ancestry so we can access via a new apple or can we convert our Pc tree maker to an apple. PC is slow and about 5 years old HP.
Don't want wife to loose any work she did and i am not familiar with the programs involved.
Web pages are no help for us computer handicapped seniors.
anyone familiar or have experience with this issue.
Thanks
Old 08-06-2022, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans53 View Post
We have 2013 Family tree maker on a PC which is slow and want to convert to a new apple lap top.
2 problems - do we upload tp ancestry so we can access via a new apple or can we convert our Pc tree maker to an apple. PC is slow and about 5 years old HP.
Don't want wife to loose any work she did and i am not familiar with the programs involved.
Thanks
I have never used Ancestry, but in the past i have contacted the owner/operator of a website with similar requests and got very helpful answers. The other option would be one of the computer clubs, especially since you are changing operating systems.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:56 PM

If you Google: upgrade 2013 family tree maker to new computer

you will see several suggestions and links to the author.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:06 PM
Sage

When you are in the store buying the new apple laptop, tell them that you need this help. Insist that they assist you with it. If they won't help, move on to another apple computer store.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Thanks
This article seems very helpful: Transferring Family Tree Maker files from one computer to another
Old 08-08-2022, 02:31 PM
Default Villages Genealogical Society

Quote:
Thanks
You may want to consider joining the Villages Genealogical Society's Family Tree Maker Special Interest Group. The group meets monthly via Zoom. There are many knowledgeable people in the group who can help you if you need it. Special Interest Groups
Closed Thread

Tags
maker, tree, apple, ancestry, familiar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.