Active X Camera Control

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Default Active X Camera Control

???I tried to view the live camera site at LSL. I was successful using Mozilla Firefox, but when I attempted using Internet Explorer, I received the following message "The Active X Camera Control which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer - could not be registered on your computer.
I recently switched from Comcast to Embarq and found the computer to be slow, so I went to add/delete programs on the control panel and deleted stuff that I thought was old and not needed (anything that said "AOL" or "comcast"). Could I have unknowingly deleted something that was necessary for IE to operate properly? Also, we are now unable to download pictures from our camera onto the computer, receiving a message to install the disc "Quick Projects". Discs get stuck in my drive so I couldn't do this, even if I had the disc, which I don't. Did I really screw up the computer by deleting what I did? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Default Re: Active X Camera Control

The active x control needs to be downloaded because the new program that they use for the cameras is more real time than it was before. You can do a couple of things. You can restore your computer to a time before you deleted these items or you could try reloading IE7. Just a quick note that before you add or delete programs you should back up your computer just in case you do not like what happens. Then it is a simple thing to just do a restore... Trust me.. I learned the hard Very hard way... : :bigthumbsup:
Old 02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Active X Camera Control

If you deleted files you can try to undelete them. Try Googling undelete utility . There are several free ones there. No recommendations since I haven't tried them. read the selection carefully.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.