alexa

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2017, 02:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Personally - have no need for Alexa or any other assistance - at this time. Come the time I do, I will make arrangements for in-person assistance.

I'd prefer the diamond earrings or diamond anything!
Alexa comes in handy when you enter your dark house from staying too late at the square and turns on your lights for you. Besides at this point in life Dont most have more jewelry than We will ever need.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I used Wemo for my outdoor lights, which are not capable of being dimmed. Did you use TP-link to get dimming feature?

My Wemo was an exact replacement; tight but it could all be gotten the box.
Thanks Carl...will check out the Wemo smart switch. I would like having a smart switch for outdoor lights and for the over the sink light. So far, appears that all smart plugs and switches are for single pole, non dimmable set ups....but that could change before we know it.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Thanks Carl...will check out the Wemo smart switch. I would like having a smart switch for outdoor lights and for the over the sink light. So far, appears that all smart plugs and switches are for single pole, non dimmable set ups....but that could change before we know it.
I have three of the Wemo switches in use. One each in dual and triple boxes. Installed ok, just needed to "tweak" all the wiring. By the way Wemo does have a dimmable version wall switch but no 3-way yet. Non-dimmable wall switch is currently selling for $29.95. That is lowest price I've seen.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 11-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
However, it is apparent that Alexa is always on and listening. This is especially apparent when it responds to something that it hears on the television set.
I was at my sister's house yesterday and yelled out "good night" to my BIL in the other room as I was leaving. Alexa turned off the living room lights. Heh.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
I have three of the Wemo switches in use. One each in dual and triple boxes. Installed ok, just needed to "tweak" all the wiring. By the way Wemo does have a dimmable version wall switch but no 3-way yet. Non-dimmable wall switch is currently selling for $29.95. That is lowest price I've seen.

Don
Thank you. Will take a look this week...and that is a GREAT price!
Old 11-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
I was at my sister's house yesterday and yelled out "good night" to my BIL in the other room as I was leaving. Alexa turned off the living room lights. Heh.
She’s good at doing that.... Nice to be able to have her turn the lights off and on in different rooms while you are busy with something else. Since we have so many, some are Alexa, some are Echo and some are Computer....ah, Star Trek lives!
Old 11-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Alexa comes in handy when you enter your dark house from staying too late at the square and turns on your lights for you. Besides at this point in life Dont most have more jewelry than We will ever need.
Bless you if you have reached your jewelry limit!

Old 11-25-2017, 04:29 PM

Buy the Amazon Echo Silver model.
Amazon Echo - SNL - YouTube
Old 11-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Platinum member
Smile Dual controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post

Don
Incidentally, my Wemo switches are controllable by both my Alexa (I call it Echo) and by my Smartphone. So, I don't have to be in the same room with Alexa to turn the lights on or off.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Incidentally, my Wemo switches are controllable by both my Alexa (I call it Echo) and by my Smartphone. So, I don't have to be in the same room with Alexa to turn the lights on or off.
TP-Link can be used via phone, also. Nice to turn the lights in the house on before you arrive home.

We easily forget to shut off lights in one room or another....nice not to have get out of bed to switch them off....just ask Alexa to do that....
Old 11-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewswain View Post
Buy the Amazon Echo Silver model.
Amazon Echo - SNL - YouTube

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

Tags
$150, alexa, buy, cable, phone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.