All Cast and VPN

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2018, 07:05 PM
Default All Cast and VPN

I have tried very hard to install a VPN that I purchased called Private Internet Access. All I have done is frustrate myself. Would preferably like to install it at the router. But it will secure 5 devices. Then I tried to put Allcast M2 Plus HDMI component like chrome cast only it allows casting by all forms. I have a Netgear router and a non-smart 60 inch tv. Anyone out there can help me with this or can you give me a techie's name who could assist me.

Frustrated in The Villages
Terry from the village of Charlotte
Old 03-13-2018, 01:04 PM

I am unfamiliar with allcast, but after looking at the specs, I would suggest getting a HDMI extension cable. Decent wireless signal is almost always a problem when a wireless item is behind such a large source of electrical interference( TV set) Amazon sells a 3 foot cable fairly cheap. Also be sure to have power to the adapter.

2) PIA does not appear to support being installed in a router. I may be wrong, but looking over their available info, it does not seem to be supported.
I also feel that is a very limited number of endpoints if you truly are doing this for security purposes.

The only reason I can see for this not working is if your computer setup currently has an existing problem that is
preventing this from being installed.
Closed Thread

Tags
vpn, router, install, cast, inch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.