AMAZON problem need assistance

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2021, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default AMAZON problem need assistance

I have a problem with Amazon. I connected an Alexa this weekend and lost my Amazon account in the process. I have tried following their instructions on line and can only get into an area of non English speaking with a heavy echo on the line.

Does anyone have a way of reaching someone here in the USA to get this resolved.

Thanks ........................

Retired Guy, I think you probably know what to do!!!!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

The first thing I would try is to use a computer or tablet and go to amazon.com. If you are already logged in, I would log out and then log back in with your Amazon username and password. Then, go to the customer service section and click on "my account", and go to the "sign in and security" section. If you still cannot get to your account, you can try the online chat function which is often better than trying to talk to a person on the phone. They should be able to ask you questions and get your account back. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The first thing I would try is to use a computer or tablet and go to amazon.com. If you are already logged in, I would log out and then log back in with your Amazon username and password. Then, go to the customer service section and click on "my account", and go to the "sign in and security" section. If you still cannot get to your account, you can try the online chat function which is often better than trying to talk to a person on the phone. They should be able to ask you questions and get your account back. Good luck.

Thanks for being there this orning. I have done everything you suggest. It finally brings me to an add an account area and if you don't add an account it sends you to an area where you wait to get an email with an OTP which is supposed to fix everything, it does not. I am still left with an account that is right now useless and with no way of resolving this.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-05-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Thanks for being there this orning. I have done everything you suggest. It finally brings me to an add an account area and if you don't add an account it sends you to an area where you wait to get an email with an OTP which is supposed to fix everything, it does not. I am still left with an account that is right now useless and with no way of resolving this.
Re: foreign help
No matter what company you seek help with you are more likely to get someone in the United States or Canada during our normal business times. Mon to Fri mid day so as to cover all the time zones.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage

Have you tried calling 1-800-388-5512, which is the Amazon log in support line? I just called the number and was able to get through to an English speaking person with no problem.

Also, have you tried changing your password by clicking "forgot password" after you enter your email address on the sign in page?
Old 07-05-2021, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Have you tried calling 1-800-388-5512, which is the Amazon log in support line? I just called the number and was able to get through to an English speaking person with no problem.

Also, have you tried changing your password by clicking "forgot password" after you enter your email address on the sign in page?
Yes, done all that. No help whatsoever. It keeps sending me an OTP code and then told me I have made too many attempts. Hiar pulling time is approaching ..................

Old 07-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Sage

Sorry, but I don't know what to suggest. It seems like the person at 1-800-388-5512 could verify your account. I didn't have any problem getting through to a live person on that number. If you have made too many attempts to log in, you can wait awhile, and I think it will reset. Another option may be to use a different device. If you don't have one, you can go to the library and try to log in on one of their computers. Feel free to send me a PM. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There is Amazon Customer service 1-888-280-4331 and then there is Amazon Synchrony Bank 1-866-634-8379. Is it possible that your Credit Account got messed up and not your actual Amazon shopping account? They share the same number but are also controlled at two different places.

When you call for customer service just say English Speaking Agent from The United States and that's who you will get. I usually don't do that unless it gets to be a serious situation like yours. I want to be polite to all of them but what good is it if I can't understand them?

Good Luck.

We have a few Amazon Echo's but didn't hook up our account to them. Just not comfortable with that yet.
Old 07-05-2021, 12:00 PM

Try 877-375-9365 ext.2021 Been a while since I’ve had to use it but it worked fine
Old 07-05-2021, 02:16 PM
Sage

My sincere thanks to all who have suggestions for me. I finally reached an American tech in Tennassee, a great woman who did everything she could to help me with no success. She thinks I am signed in, but the computer is telling me I am not.

Tomorrow morning I will try again and if that does not work I guess I need to call my computer genius and have him sort it out.

This Alexa is turning out to be a pain in the you know what, the only saving grace is that I got to video chat with my son, that made my day, so all is not lost.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:51 AM
Veteran member
Default One last thing

If you were using your desktop to help you, you should clear your cache and start a new window. This may or may not help. The other thing you can try, is to download Alexa onto your phone and log in through there. Then you can set up your Alexa through your phone.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 531 Posts

Pull up the Alexa app on your cellphone. Install and uninstall using the app. If you don't have the app, get the app.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:14 AM

I’ve use 1-206-922-0880 for customer service the last couple of times I had a problem with Amazon.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have a problem with Amazon. I connected an Alexa this weekend and lost my Amazon account in the process. I have tried following their instructions on line and can only get into an area of non English speaking with a heavy echo on the line.

Does anyone have a way of reaching someone here in the USA to get this resolved.

Thanks ........................

Retired Guy, I think you probably know what to do!!!!
I have two phone numbers for Amazon you can try. I didn't check them to see if they are still in service. 1-866-216-1072 and 1-888-280-4331. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:42 AM

Try 1-866-216-1072
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, problem, line, reaching, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.