Another iPad Question

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Gold member
Default Another iPad Question

I have an iPad3 and I am always running out the battery. I charrge it most nights and most days I have to charge it again in the afternoon.

When I first got my iPad, I took a class where the instructor said you should always let your battery go down to zero before you recharge it. He said you would get a longer life out of your bettery. I've always done this. And now, I have this problem.

I recently got on Facebook and I think my problem might be the videos running on FB. The videos seem to run whether I want to watch them or not! What do you think? Is there anyway to turn off the videos?
Old 11-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Gold member

you can turn off auto play videos on FB. there is an option for that. you battery will not hold a charge like when it was new. like yours my iPad does not last as long as it use to. when you get to a point where it is not holding a long enough charge for your liking you will have to go into an Apple store and have the battery replace. not sure what the cost is but it will be over $100
Old 11-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

Make sure you close open pages often so they don't run in the background. I love my iPad...hardly ever use the laptop anymore.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:08 PM

Regarding charging - here are a couple of links.

How Often Should I Charge My Gadget's Battery to Prolong Its Lifespan?

How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way

Basically keep the battery between 40% to 80%, only take it to zero about once a month.

Zeroing it out all the time will kill it after only a few hundred charges.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Gold member

To turn off Auto Play Videos in FB go to settings then on the left Videos and click auto-play to Off
Old 11-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
Make sure you close open pages often so they don't run in the background. I love my iPad...hardly ever use the laptop anymore.
You could have a ton of pages loaded that will slow down your iPad. Hit the home button quickly twice and you will see all the pages that are running. Swipe them Up to close them. You will be surprised how many are open.

Also shut down your iPad completely every day or two.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
To turn off Auto Play Videos in FB go to settings then on the left Videos and click auto-play to Off
Thanks! That is what I was looking for!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
You could have a ton of pages loaded that will slow down your iPad. Hit the home button quickly twice and you will see all the pages that are running. Swipe them Up to close them. You will be surprised how many are open.

Also shut down your iPad completely every day or two.
I clean out the pages every day or two and I was still having problems with the battery. I use my iPad a lot and rarely use my laptop anymore!

I rarely shut my iPad down because it takes a long time to start up again! I sometimes think I need a new iPad!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Gold member

Thanks everyone for all the help! I'm trying all the ideas!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
you can turn off auto play videos on FB. there is an option for that. you battery will not hold a charge like when it was new. like yours my iPad does not last as long as it use to. when you get to a point where it is not holding a long enough charge for your liking you will have to go into an Apple store and have the battery replace. not sure what the cost is but it will be over $100
They won't change your battery. They send it back to the factory and will send you a replacement. Problem is you will lose all the info you had stored in your iPad. Quite a dilemma.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Gold member

Had similar problem fully charged battery would not last a day and I had no videos or much saved to I Pad. There were many suggestions and calls to online tech support, none helped. I was finally told to take it to Apple store and basically they reset it to original factory settings after backing up and then it ended the problem. As I recall, they said it had to do with a glitch that occurred during an IOS update. Been running fine ever since.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:55 PM

Few things to try. Make sure you have the latest software update. Next, Close down apps you are not using by double clicking the home button, then swiping upward on any apps that are open in the background. I do this a few times a day. You can also adjust your Brightness setting, being on auto is often times too bright. Turn off Bluetooth! When not using will help too. Not sure how much you are using it or what types of apps, all tax the battery differently. You should average 10 hours of use on a full charge.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I am aware of a potential problem with Samsung Tab A (similar to I Pad 1/2 the price) and my laptop and Amazon Fire as far as the charging of the batteries go. I decided on each purchase to disregard the written instructions and charge each after use & leave them plugged in until I need them again. We also do this with our cell phones. What a daredevil, rebel I am. NEVER had one problem ever. Laptop & phones are over 5 years old. Plus I don't think you lose what is stored by changing your battery as I remove my laptop & phone batteries when they get "hung up". Live in the fast lane charge, charge, charge.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:06 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

If you are looking to get it replaced my business can take care of that for you! It is likely out of warranty, so our repair price is certainly going to be less expensive than taking it to Apple.
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 11-04-2015, 09:13 AM

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the charger USB cable and AC Plug. Have you tried a different cable/setup?
Closed Thread

Tags
running, videos, problem, battery, ipad, bettery, recently, facebook, watch, turn, wantto, charge, afternoon, days, nights, question, ipad3, charrge, class, recharge, longer, instructor, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.