Lost wireless access connection

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Lost wireless access connection

I have a Compaq presario f700, the computer no longer sees my wireless router, it used to have a blue light on the front which is now amber, any ideas?, jimjoe HELP!......gn
Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
I have a Compaq presario f700, the computer no longer sees my wireless router, it used to have a blue light on the front which is now amber, any ideas?, jimjoe HELP!......gn
There should be a sliding switch near? where the amber light is located. Slide the switch to re-establish the blue light. That is how it works on my HP,anyway.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Default Router Problems

I'm waiting for Comcast to get here this AM to check my "noisy" line.

Some things to do before anything else: Pull plug from router. Wait at least 10 seconds before plugging in. If that doesn't work, do the same with the modem.
Then bypass the router and wire your computer directly to the coax from the modem. They said splitters can sometimes be a problem (but rare). If it still does not work, call cable provider next.

If cable/dish input is working ok, call the router manufacturer. Netgear was very helpful to me.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Sage

My son the IT guy told me that your best friend is the reset button on the router. press and hold for 10 seconds, and the router and PC will do the rest.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.