Antivirus Software

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
I had no issues with a variety of image types. Try renaming your ???.jpeg file to ???.jpg. That seemed to work for me.

This is more of a Photoshop clone than similar to Paint. It uses layers , that can get confusing quickly. Large selection of help videos on YouTube.
thank-you --i know what you mean about the confusion of photo editing growing quickly-- the photo is a jpg. that's the extension----but the type is jpeg.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
thank-you --i know what you mean about the confusion of photo editing growing quickly-- the photo is a jpg. that's the extension----but the type is jpeg.
They are both the same type. Jpeg is a holdover from earlier Windows. Same exact file structure. Chromebook uses the file extension to determine the file type. It doesn't understand what a .jpeg is. Open files, find the file, control+enter change the extension. to .jpg.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
They are both the same type. Jpeg is a holdover from earlier Windows. Same exact file structure. Chromebook uses the file extension to determine the file type. It doesn't understand what a .jpeg is. Open files, find the file, control+enter change the extension. to .jpg.
The existing extension is grandson.jpg
In the Chromebook I select the file tab on the bottom of the screen. The file folder is named Downloads. The other are columns are size, type and date modified
69K, JPEG image, feb 6 2018

OK it opened in Sumo---I just wasn't patient enough for it to open in sumo. For photo editing this looks like photoshop.

So I clicked on the photo to get a color using the eye dropper. That worked. Then I accidentally clicked on the picture and it disappeared. I know I didn't totally loose it.

I find that if I'm not an expert in 15 minutes the software is not intuitive enough for me.
Chromebook Rules----i got that in 1 minute
Closed Thread

Tags
software, antivirus, worry, internet, suggestions/good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.