is anyone else having TOTV connectivity issues?

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
I am having similar problems. Could not get on TOTV for days. Then I was able to connect and everything was normal for days. This afternoon, I have gotten the "could not find server" message but after several tries, the connection was made.
Same exact circumstances, on and off today.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

50 years ago they put a man on the moon..... and TOTV can't fix our connectivity issues today. Would/could someone please explain? Thank you.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Same exact circumstances, on and off today.
I don't think any Comcast users get this DNS error.

"The problem might be related to your DNS cache, so flush it out. To flush the cache, type ipconfig /flushdns at a command prompt. Your ISP could be the source of the problem. One possibility is that one of its DNS servers is down and you're trying to access the downed server."
Old 04-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Sage

As I stated earlier...it's NOT TOTV but C.L.---it is a connection issue deep within their system according to our computer person. He "re-connected" my chromebook by doing some sort of "back-door" thing. C.L. will swear it's not their issue (??????). I didn't have ANY cache or cookie's so it didn't have to do with those. TOTV admin. told me to clean those out...
Old 04-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
As I stated earlier...it's NOT TOTV but C.L.---it is a connection issue deep within their system according to our computer person. He "re-connected" my chromebook by doing some sort of "back-door" thing. C.L. will swear it's not their issue (??????). I didn't have ANY cache or cookie's so it didn't have to do with those. TOTV admin. told me to clean those out...
"Your ISP [CL] could be the source of the problem. One possibility is that one of its [CL] DNS servers is down and you're trying to access the downed server."

Comcast is not having that problem.

Apparently ISP's have more then one DNS servers. Your network connects to one of many severs automatically. Maybe that CL server is faulty, or gets rebooted or your network picks a different CL server the next day.

That's why I only give myself 15 minutes to troubleshoot. too many what if's
Old 04-08-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
It seems to me there are millions and millions of web sites and only a very tiny fraction of that number of internet providers and web browsers. Therefore, the web sites need to comply with the protocol of the internet providers and browsers.

But that's just my one cylinder mind at work. I would still like to hear an explanation from a moderator. Clearly something changed a few weeks ago.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Are other CL users having same problem? If not, for such an individual problem, I highly doubt it is a CL issue.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Can someone who had it fixed please post or PM me the name of the person who figured it out? Seems easier to hire someone who already knows how!

For me: A few weeks ago, TOTV started being blocked by Norton anti-virus software. That fixed itself but then I began getting the "can't connect" error messages. This is on a Windows laptop in Firefox, IE, and Chrome. The only way I can connect is by using Opera with the Dot VPN extension set to Canada.

My Fire tablet using Silk browser does not have a problem connecting even though it also uses Centurylink wireless. Weird.

Last edited by queasy27; 04-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ultrasurf, [part, internet, totv, fine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.