Anyone use Amazon Firestick?

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Default Anyone use Amazon Firestick?

Anyone use the Amazon Firestick and if so how do you like it? Is it easy to set up and use? Reviews are good but would like to hear from those that actually have one.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:45 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

WE DO AND WE LOVE IT. GARY SET IT UP BUT i DID NOT HEAR A LOT OF MOANING AND GROANING. NO COMMERCIALS!

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-17-2017, 05:46 AM
Gold member

I have 2 of them, but they are almost out of date because of the newest Smart Tv's include everything you can get on the Fire stick. Still a good thing when we travel and the rentals only have basic cable channels.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-17-2017, 06:25 AM

Love our Firestick! Just plug and play! It couldn't
be easier. If I could get my hubby to change his viewing habits, I would kick cable to the curb.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Gold member

We have 3 Firesticks and love them. We have one with the voice and decided that it is just a toy. Never use the voice. We have Smart TV's, but never use them because we can't disconnect them from the internet like we can the Firestick. I let Pandora run most of the day and love it.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Gold member

We just got our Fire Stick we love it. My wife is hooked on watching old episodes of shows that you may have missed. I like it for the movies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 02:54 PM

Well, I had Amazon Fire TV since 12/15, almost a year and a half, and if I could set the thing up, you can do it too. If you have Samsung, Smart TV, it was quite easy, because their Smart TV's have YouTube already installed and you get that for a no charge. Which helps. Actually I have a total of about 15.00 total for the month in comparison to $155.00 per month for Comcast. A savings of $1800.00 a year.
I absolutely love to just pay for the channels I wish to look at plus there are so many apps to choose from. Netflex has all the movies and Sling TV is great also. Setting it up was a little confusing, but with a little patience and computer experience, it really is easy. Good Luck
on your new toy. I think you will be pleased you installed it.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Unless you want it for travel and use in a hotel, a blu-ray player with WiFi will do the same thing and also allow you to play dvds and cds. They only cost about 60-70 dollars, and will convert any tv into a smart tv, but better.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 AM

Yes. Yes.
I am learning new stuff to do with the FS daily. My husband has become somewhat of an aficionado with it and NOW we can get EVERY TV SHOW EVER RUN after he availed us of an app on Amazon. wild stuff.In the not too distant "soon", we will let the cable/dish stuff be a thing of the past. Internet is all that is needed. he has turned approx 15 folks on to this device.
LOVE IT TO BINGE!!!!! (THE NO CAL TYPE)
Old 05-18-2017, 05:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
Yes. Yes.
I am learning new stuff to do with the FS daily. My husband has become somewhat of an aficionado with it and NOW we can get EVERY TV SHOW EVER RUN after he availed us of an app on Amazon. wild stuff.In the not too distant "soon", we will let the cable/dish stuff be a thing of the past. Internet is all that is needed. he has turned approx 15 folks on to this device.
LOVE IT TO BINGE!!!!! (THE NO CAL TYPE)
Do you still have to pay for Netflix show, etc. with the Firestick?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Apps like Netflix, Amazon, Sling are all pay to view (you need a account and a credit card).
Old 05-25-2017, 09:34 PM
Sage

Yes you pay for various subscriptions but much less expensive than cable or satellite .
Streaming is the next huge change coming to TV . The Cable and Dish companies will be dinosaurs within 5 years --- and it couldn`t happen to a more deserving industry .
Old 05-26-2017, 05:20 AM
Gold member

I haves ROKU and love it. Is the fs better? I also have a smart tv but don't use it because it uses the tv's sound instead of my surround sound.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-26-2017, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Deb this information came from A Different Kind of Bug Alert | Tech for Luddites tech site and may help you understand more about this type of app.

Note: Buying an Amazon Fire TV does not give you access to the content you can watch on it, just like buying a TV does not give you access to cable TV shows. You need to have accounts with each service that provides the content (some free, some paid) and/or subscribe to a cable/satellite package that gives you permission to access shows from specific networks through the Fire TV. When you see an app listed as “free” on the Fire TV interface or the Amazon website, it just means there’s no cost to install the app itself on your player. It has nothing to do with whether the content accessed by the app costs money.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Sage

Doubtful. Cable companies also provide internet access and TV programming is just another form of data coming through the internet access pipe. There is fundamentally no difference between a TV show you watch "on cable" and a Netflix show - they are just packets of data coming down the pipe. You aren't going to stream anything without internet access. You will probably continue to see an evolution in the services provided by cable companies. I suspect more choices instead of packages of 250 channels. Cable companies provide the infrastructure as well as programming services. I cut the cord about 7 years ago but I am totally dependent on a "cable" company for internet access so I can stream programming from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
Yes you pay for various subscriptions but much less expensive than cable or satellite .
Streaming is the next huge change coming to TV . The Cable and Dish companies will be dinosaurs within 5 years --- and it couldn`t happen to a more deserving industry .
Closed Thread

Tags
firestick, amazon, hear, good, easy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.