AOL blocking emails

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Gold member
Default AOL blocking emails

This is becoming a real nuisance. AOL is blocking emails from Centurylink users. According to Centurylink tech support this is an ongoing issue with AOL. I gave up AOL years ago but some family members and friends stick with them because they can't figure out how to get rid of them and retain their address books and favorites.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

This sounds illegal, you might want to contact seniors against crime and see what they say.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

This has been going on for some time. One company blames the other. I use Gmail as a backup to get the blocked AOL emails. You must let the AOL user have your Gmail address instead of the CenturyLink . What a pain.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

To OP,

I tried a Google search on "centurylink blocking aol" and found several results, including 1 or 2 that suggested AOL might have gotten into your blocked senders list, or the spam filter (yours or centurylink) might be the culprit.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
To OP,
I tried a Google search on "centurylink blocking aol" and found several results, including 1 or 2 that suggested AOL might have gotten into your blocked senders list, or the spam filter (yours or centurylink) might be the culprit.
Hope this helps.
Um, you should have googled "aol blocking centurylink" That is the problem reported by the OP.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Gold member

AOL still blocking emails. I learned today from Centurylink Tech Support that AOL is also blocking emails from Embarq customers and several other internet providers. Tried calling AOL Tech Support and after a long wait was connected to a person that I could not understand who finally told me to call tech support or to have family members that are AOL customers and can't receive my emails call AOL. Reminded my why I gave up AOL over 10 years ago. "Expected wait time to reach tech support less than 25 minutes." My calls to Centurylink tech support after going through the prompts takes a few seconds.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:52 PM
TOTV Moderator

I suggest dumping this problem squarely in the lap of CenturyLink. You are paying for a service that you are not getting due to some misbehavior on the part of Centurylink or some of its customers.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
I suggest dumping this problem squarely in the lap of CenturyLink. You are paying for a service that you are not getting due to some misbehavior on the part of Centurylink or some of its customers.
They told me AOL is also blocking Embarq, Go daddy and several others that I don't recall. What I have done is sent emails using my Gmail account to my family and friends that are AOL customers, asking them to complain to AOL about emails to them being blocked.

Is there misbehavior on the part of Centurylink or some of its customers? I don't know but if AOL can shut down some, could they shut down all except AOL clients? I would think this would be like post office stopping all mail from The Villages because someone in The Villages is sending junk mail.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

AOL is still a dial up Web provider in my thinking. I know it's tough to change an email address you've been using for many years, but it's right there with Netscape and Napster as far as perception goes.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:15 AM

AOL seems to block senders that may spam you or block a sender that many other people have blocked as well. Go to AOL Keyword: Mail Contacts. You will see a list of blocked contacts. Check to see if CenturyLink is one of those blocked contacts by scrolling down until you see a box with the text "Block mail from addresses I specify" Above it. Then if you do see it, simply delete their contact from the text box and click save. Hope this helps!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

It appears that as of Tues. 3/24 the issue has been resolved. I also was having the same problem but all seems to be well today.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTech View Post
AOL seems to block senders that may spam you or block a sender that many other people have blocked as well. Go to AOL Keyword: Mail Contacts. You will see a list of blocked contacts. Check to see if CenturyLink is one of those blocked contacts by scrolling down until you see a box with the text "Block mail from addresses I specify" Above it. Then if you do see it, simply delete their contact from the text box and click save. Hope this helps!
Finally, a logical possible solution.....thank you.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.