Is it the APP or the phone?

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 PM
Default Is it the APP or the phone?

I have a Samsung S5 phone and until a few days ago could use The Villages App. (The free one, not The Villages GPS) Now all I get is a blank screen. I've removed and reinstalled the App a few times but still nothing.

Is my phone too outdated or has something happened to the App?
Old 01-18-2019, 06:14 PM

When you uninstall and reinstall an app, I believe the app's previous settings and such are automatically restored from a cloud backup so you're not really starting fresh. To ensure you are, reinstall the app and then go into settings. Look for a category called Apps (or Applications). Find The Villages app in the list and click on it. You'll get a screen that shows a bunch of things about the app. One of the categories will be called Storage. Click that. There will be two buttons, Clear Data and Clear Cache. Click them both. Hit your home button to get back to the main screen and then try The Villages app again. This is a last-ditch thing to try when an Android app is misbehaving but can often clear things up. Here's an example of what the app and storage screens will look like:

settings.jpg - Google Drive
Old 01-19-2019, 12:29 PM

Thanks. I tried your suggestions but still can't get the app to work. I did find the email address for the app support so I'll see what they suggest.
Closed Thread

Tags
app, phone, villages, times, removed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.