Apple iMac

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookieroo View Post
HELP HELP HELP! I apologize for being stupid but I need to post a new thread. How do I do it?
Access the forum you want to post in and click on the red Start New Topic at the top.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:41 AM

QVC has a one day special on the Apple MacBook Pro 13.3. With their holiday return policy, you can return an item until January 31, 2016. This will give you enough time to try it and see if you like it. Also it is on 6 easy payments. QVC item E228563.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookieroo View Post
HELP HELP HELP! I apologize for being stupid but I need to post a new thread. How do I do it?
The 'start new topic' red button link is not on the 'New Posts' link. One has to go to the home page, scroll down to find the forum you want to post in, open it, and then the RED start new topic button is visable.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 PM

I too switched to the MAC products after many years using and supporting PC based applications. Now I am a full believer. I open my Macbook Pro, type in my password and it is ready to go. I still have a PC and every time I turn it on to use it I have to spend at least a half hour to let it boot and update. I will never go back to a Microsoft based operating system.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:42 PM

Hi June,
'I feel your pain'.
Bought my first AT for business in the 70's - we thought we had the world by the tail. Have owned dozens of PC's since and still have a 4 year old Dell laptop for quick books and quicken - you don't want to try the Apple versions of $ software! Kids drug me kicking and screaming into the apple cult two years ago and I couldn't be happier. From my experience you'll mostly figure it out on your own. I had an occasional call to a kid. But TV users group is amazing. Try them. And for me, the Mac is comforting - I'm sitting down trying to accomplish something. My wife is on her second iPad but that's just not for me.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:20 PM

I did it. Still learning but I think I will be happy with the new iMac.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Platinum member

you will enjoy the mac. It is on my wish list so for now i switched out of IE and only use Chrome based programs.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandall View Post
I did it. Still learning but I think I will be happy with the new iMac.
David A Cox has some great tutorials on the Mac. Here is one to start you off.
El Capitan OSX Tutorial - TechTalk America
Tampa, FL
Old 01-08-2016, 01:10 AM
Veteran member

Anyone using an imac for photo processing?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Yes. I've use it all the time. I have Photoshop CS for that purpose.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Veteran member
Default iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandall View Post
After using Windows based PCs for more than 30 years, I am considering going to an iMac. I am fed up with the problems I have had with my PCs. My current Dell is kaput. I am going to have to make a purchase if the PC repair person can't resolve my current problem. Something got to my current PC and I can't even log on now. When I could log on a few days ago whatever got to the system prevented my McAffee software from working. It won't even execute. 😒 So, I am looking for feedback regarding the iMac. I am hopeful that it will provide more consistent and stable service. Thanks in advance for your help.

Smart move, going to an iMac. I have used both platforms, i still can't figure out why anyone in there right mind wants to deal with all the hoops to jump through using a PC. I have 4 Mac computers, 1 iPad, and an iPhone, all run smoothly. So what ever you buy, can't go wrong with a Mac. I personally like the Mini Mac's, and use a Vizio 42" HDTV for my monitor.
P.S. I haven't run antivirus software since 1998., and my favorite Mac was built in 2003
Old 01-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Your Windows PC problem is McAffee. If you get it fixed uninstall McAffee and install Defender.
Closed Thread

Tags
current, imac, log, pcs, system, ago, working, prevented, execute, mcaffee, software, service, stable, advance, consistent, provide, feedback, days, hopeful, problem, fed, problems, years, windows, based

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.