Hitman alerts

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Hitman alerts

I have Hitman Pro for protection on my computer and the only time I get Hitman Pro alerts that a virus is attacking is when I am on TOTV?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have Hitman Pro for protection on my computer and the only time I get Hitman Pro alerts that a virus is attacking is when I am on TOTV?
I have Avast and just recently I got two notifications from them that they had stopped a virus from TOTV. I alerted the Moderator and they told me they would look into it. A week or so later I received an email from TOTV telling me that I was getting a false positive. Hopefully you are getting the same - a false positive.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I use Norton360, and in the past I did get several warnings about spyware, I have not seen any recently.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation Spyware, not virus.

It is likely that you are being pinged by spyware which simply reads what advertising web sites you go to and then inserts similar product advertising here. I often see my information line (lower left of screen) indicating that doubleclick (a spyware program) is loading.

Spyware is not a virus, but many people resent it and try to guard against it.

Here is a test: go to a site like Home Depot and search for something like a hand drill. Then watch to see if you get pop ups for hand drills as advertising on this site. If it happens it probably denotes spyware is looking at you.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

You can also delete cookies and browser history to eliminate some of these alarms, however, it might cramp your style when you are browsing.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.