To Apple Or Not

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 08:44 AM

When I bought my Macbook Pro, the price comparison was minimal after factoring in all the software you needed to buy for PC verses what comes with Apple. The learning curve is mostly forgetting about windows mentality and getting to know the more intuitive Apple. My daughter said that all her artistic friends had them so I would like it. She's always right that one.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Gold member

MacBook Pro is the way to GO. I don't care for the iPhone but I have a MacBook and iPad.
So done with Microsoft crap.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:37 PM

in late august bought a mac pro from best buy. noticed the laptop was getting pretty hot on the upper left hand corner with minimum use and getting distorted screen occasionally. Plus had to reboot a few times and we only had the laptop for a few days. finally decided to bring laptop back and explained to customer service and geek squad the problems. They agreed that there was a problem and tried to give us an exchange. The register did not allow them to do this. so now the geek squad personal told us that they have to send the laptop for repairs, because thats the way Apple does things. Find out we were two days over the return policy, which is 15 days and since we bought a geek squad contract they took it for over 2 weeks for a repair to a geek squad place in KY . Spent over $1,000 and now I have a computer that was opened for repairs. Do NOT buy geek squad insurance it overrides Apple 1 year policy. BUY YOUR COMPUTER AT AN APPLE STORE was what I was told and they will help you if you have a problem.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:05 AM
Gold member

I think you got your consensus!!

Macs are awesome. Truly. I would never go back to a PC. We have all apple products and wouldn't consider anything else.

Our calenders sync on all devices automatically. Photos appear instantly on all devices. They are easy to learn and never get viruses.

I even bought an Ipad when I was commuting, thinking I could use it as my laptop. But they are designed for different functions.

After 3 mo I went to the Apple store to see if I could get info on some apps to help my Ipad serve my needs better. The genius said, "I think what you need is a Mac Book Air not an Ipad" I said, "yea, I probably bought the wrong device". He told me to "hang on a minute", came back with a new Mack book air 11" and handed it to me.

He talked to his manager and explained my needs and they decided to accept my 90 day old Ipad and give me a brand new (not refurbished) MackBook Air because it would better meet my needs, I was stunned! But that is Apple for you!!

You get great service from Apple!! They are a top notch company for both product technology and service. They offer free workshops and for a moderate fee you can get one to one "tutoring" for a year. They are a company like no other.

We love our Apple products. It's kind of like The Villages.....We drank the Kool Ade and couldn't be happier!!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Agree totally with all the above. My husband and I did the transition a few years ago and couldn't be happier. We bought ours at the Apple store and they are so great about explaining things and have classes (though it's a drive from TV's wish they'd open a store closer) Any way We longer have have any of the issues we did with Windows PC's I believe there's and Apple/Mac lub here also that I am sure could answer any questions you might have.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandall View Post
I have been a Windows Desktop user since the 80s. I currently have a 4 year old Dell running Windows 8. I also have an IPad and IPhone. I am contemplating the possible change to an IMac or MacBook Pro as opposed to remaining with the Windows based desktop. My thoughts are that going all Apple would make every device I have uniformly compatible, I might have less viruses and other cyber related attacks, and I might get better support. I am not sure if my thinking is spot on or flawed. I also am not sure of how difficult it would be to learn the Mac OS. Sooo long story short, have any of you migrated to an all Apple platform from windows. Are you glad you did it. Did the choice exceed your expectations once you began working with all Apple products?
Do you have any other suggestions and rationale for replacing my 4 year old desktop with either a Windows based desktop or laptop instead of going to the Mac? All comments appreciated. Thanks.

First, trash your PC ! I switched to Mac in the 80's, because the OS is truly a operating system, not a piece of software called "Windows" The only problem as a PC user, you will attempt to go through all the hoops like the PC, it is too simple, look at it that way. Reminder, the anti-Virus you had on your PC, thats a scam too, I have not used anti-Virus in 15 years on all my Macs.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Veteran member

This should make you think twice about PC's....

Lenovo Superfish scandal: Why it’s one of the worst consumer computing screw-ups ever.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.