Apple users

Apple users

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:08 AM
Sage

Check your data usage, if you are over your limit, most carriers slowdown your connection, which would cause freeze frames.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Be careful with that! I was skyped to our my cell phone by our son in Australia. Our Comcast signal dropped, and even though he was the one who called me, we received a $30 charge for five of the minutes. Comcast had some explanation that I cannot remember.
Whoa! Wish I had have known you then. I would have fought that charge to the grave. I am way to principled. That charge is terrible.

VillageTinker may have a good suggestion.

Apple Care would be happy to help you I'm sure 800-692-7753. They are the best Customer Service Oriented Company I've ever dealt with.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

How old is you’re apple?
Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 PM

Your Orbi AC2200 is netgears whole house WiFi system. Your devices connect to the router, the router is connected to your modem and your modem is connected to your internet service provider.
Your iPad connects to the Orbi AC2200 router which is capable of 2.5 and 5ghz bands, it should broadcast two SSID/Nerwork names one for 2.5 and one for 5, the SSID/Network might look something like NETGEAR5G or NETGEAR2G when you are in Settings, WiFi on you IPad. If your IPad is connected to the 2g try changing it to the 5g SSID/Network name. If it connects you should see a significant improvement. You can PM if you are still having problems.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

I checked the router, and it has been set to5G since it was installed.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage

We had one Ipad that didn't work so well when it was on the 5G setting. I set it back to pick up the 2.4G setting and now all is well. I am rooting for you Big Time. I know what that important phone call means, trust me I heard all about it if Facetime Goofs up.
Closed Thread

Tags
replaced, modem, common, lever, software