Audio e-mail notifications on Comcast?

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Audio e-mail notifications on Comcast?

Is this possible? My husband has g-mail and gets different tone notifications when he receives an e-mail. Would like to have this option with my e-mails. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

If you like the way your husband's gmail works, then one option is to set up your own gmail account and have your other emails automatically forwarded to the new gmail account.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Sage
Default Thanks blueash

I thought about that but was hoping to set up with Comcast...I guess I will add this to the list of reasons why Comcast is a royal PAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If you like the way your husband's gmail works, then one option is to set up your own gmail account and have your other emails automatically forwarded to the new gmail account.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

you may not want to be using your Comcast account as your primary email. When you leave Comcast you will loose that email address.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 AM
Sage
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
you may not want to be using your Comcast account as your primary email. When you leave Comcast you will loose that email address.
Good point!...Thanks again
Old 02-21-2015, 06:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Is this possible? My husband has g-mail and gets different tone notifications when he receives an e-mail. Would like to have this option with my e-mails. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe need a bit more information....on what device does he get notification tones? Is it on his smartphone? ..his computer?

I suspect [I don't really know] that Comcast is not the one providing the tones you are hearing. For example, on my smartphone, I can go into the email settings and assign whatever tone I wish for incoming email. I have the same options [assigning tones] on my laptop.

Let us know what you're trying to use and maybe we can have a better answer for you....
Old 02-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Sage
Default regarding device

Thanks memason for inquiry....I'm using an acer laptop(with Comcast e-mail address) and ole boy is using Samsung tablet (with g-mail address)...I'm reluctant to use g-mail because he gets a TON of spam and of course having to notify friends of e-mail address change but that may be my last choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Maybe need a bit more information....on what device does he get notification tones? Is it on his smartphone? ..his computer?

I suspect [I don't really know] that Comcast is not the one providing the tones you are hearing. For example, on my smartphone, I can go into the email settings and assign whatever tone I wish for incoming email. I have the same options [assigning tones] on my laptop.

Let us know what you're trying to use and maybe we can have a better answer for you....
Old 02-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Thanks memason for inquiry....I'm using an acer laptop(with Comcast e-mail address) and ole boy is using Samsung tablet (with g-mail address)...I'm reluctant to use g-mail because he gets a TON of spam and of course having to notify friends of e-mail address change but that may be my last choice.
OK....I'll assume you're using Outlook for email. If so, follow the instructions below to turn on audio alerts.

1. In Outlook, click the File tab.

2. Click Options.

3. On the Mail tab, under Message arrival, clear or select the Play a sound check box.

See if this does it for you....
Old 02-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Sage
Default Hmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
OK....I'll assume you're using Outlook for email. If so, follow the instructions below to turn on audio alerts.

1. In Outlook, click the File tab.

2. Click Options.

3. On the Mail tab, under Message arrival, clear or select the Play a sound check box.

See if this does it for you....
Maybe that is my problem, no hook-up to Outlook, which will probably explain why I can't get PowerPoint e-mails. What do you suggest, keep in mind that I'm border-line computer illiterate.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Are you accessing your email through the Comcast website? if so, go to preferences, click on email, click on new email alert, and check the box for play a sound. Keep in mind, you will only hear the alert if your email program is open and running.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.