Audio e-mail notifications on Comcast?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 PM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default Audio e-mail notifications on Comcast?

Is this possible? My husband has g-mail and gets different tone notifications when he receives an e-mail. Would like to have this option with my e-mails. Any help would be appreciated.
  #2  
Old 02-20-2015, 06:39 PM
blueash's Avatar
blueash blueash is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,639
Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,929 Times in 478 Posts
Default

If you like the way your husband's gmail works, then one option is to set up your own gmail account and have your other emails automatically forwarded to the new gmail account.
  #3  
Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 PM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default Thanks blueash

I thought about that but was hoping to set up with Comcast...I guess I will add this to the list of reasons why Comcast is a royal PAIN!



Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If you like the way your husband's gmail works, then one option is to set up your own gmail account and have your other emails automatically forwarded to the new gmail account.
  #4  
Old 02-20-2015, 10:50 PM
blueash's Avatar
blueash blueash is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,639
Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,929 Times in 478 Posts
Default

you may not want to be using your Comcast account as your primary email. When you leave Comcast you will loose that email address.
  #5  
Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 AM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
you may not want to be using your Comcast account as your primary email. When you leave Comcast you will loose that email address.
Good point!...Thanks again
  #6  
Old 02-21-2015, 06:28 AM
memason's Avatar
memason memason is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Villages
Posts: 2,169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Is this possible? My husband has g-mail and gets different tone notifications when he receives an e-mail. Would like to have this option with my e-mails. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe need a bit more information....on what device does he get notification tones? Is it on his smartphone? ..his computer?

I suspect [I don't really know] that Comcast is not the one providing the tones you are hearing. For example, on my smartphone, I can go into the email settings and assign whatever tone I wish for incoming email. I have the same options [assigning tones] on my laptop.

Let us know what you're trying to use and maybe we can have a better answer for you....
  #7  
Old 02-21-2015, 08:24 AM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default regarding device

Thanks memason for inquiry....I'm using an acer laptop(with Comcast e-mail address) and ole boy is using Samsung tablet (with g-mail address)...I'm reluctant to use g-mail because he gets a TON of spam and of course having to notify friends of e-mail address change but that may be my last choice.




Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Maybe need a bit more information....on what device does he get notification tones? Is it on his smartphone? ..his computer?

I suspect [I don't really know] that Comcast is not the one providing the tones you are hearing. For example, on my smartphone, I can go into the email settings and assign whatever tone I wish for incoming email. I have the same options [assigning tones] on my laptop.

Let us know what you're trying to use and maybe we can have a better answer for you....
  #8  
Old 02-21-2015, 09:09 AM
memason's Avatar
memason memason is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Villages
Posts: 2,169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Thanks memason for inquiry....I'm using an acer laptop(with Comcast e-mail address) and ole boy is using Samsung tablet (with g-mail address)...I'm reluctant to use g-mail because he gets a TON of spam and of course having to notify friends of e-mail address change but that may be my last choice.
OK....I'll assume you're using Outlook for email. If so, follow the instructions below to turn on audio alerts.

1. In Outlook, click the File tab.

2. Click Options.

3. On the Mail tab, under Message arrival, clear or select the Play a sound check box.

See if this does it for you....
  #9  
Old 02-21-2015, 09:41 AM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default Hmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
OK....I'll assume you're using Outlook for email. If so, follow the instructions below to turn on audio alerts.

1. In Outlook, click the File tab.

2. Click Options.

3. On the Mail tab, under Message arrival, clear or select the Play a sound check box.

See if this does it for you....
Maybe that is my problem, no hook-up to Outlook, which will probably explain why I can't get PowerPoint e-mails. What do you suggest, keep in mind that I'm border-line computer illiterate.
  #10  
Old 02-21-2015, 09:54 AM
kfierle's Avatar
kfierle kfierle is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 662
Thanks: 15
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Are you accessing your email through the Comcast website? if so, go to preferences, click on email, click on new email alert, and check the box for play a sound. Keep in mind, you will only hear the alert if your email program is open and running.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.