Burning DVD's

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Default Burning DVD's

Are there any places/people out there that will burn DVD's for you? I have a few I would like done from UTube that are instructional that I would like for my own viewing from my tv and not my computer. I have the DVD player for my tv but not too familiar with the burning process on my computer. Thanks for any help out there.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:39 PM

Search "burn DVD from youtube". There are lots of step-by-steps to guide you. There's even an instructional youtube video how-to. As long as your computer isn't an antique, you can do it. Might even be satisfying to try it and know you did it.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Sage

What a great question. For the longest times computers came with DVD burners so you could do it yourself.

My house is 2 years old and it would be very helpful to have a DVD or file of videos explaining how to adjust the thermostat, sprinkler, garage door opener and even set the clocks in case I forget.

I don't know who can burn you a DVD.

What files or videos do you want to save on DVD?

What kind of "computer" equipment do you own? smartphone? ipad? nexus 7? laptop? DVD burner?

Someone may think of a solution that didn't occur to you.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:02 PM

Thanks, I just changed the hard drive to Windows 10, and I will take another look at what you said. I spent so much time already but I won't give up. Thanks again
Old 08-25-2015, 09:17 PM

Thanks TomWed. I only have a HP Pavillion 8.1 for only a year, but I upgraded it to the Windows 10 last week. It needs some improvement yet, but it'll be ok. I bought a Google Chromecast video dongle from Amazon which allows for You Tube streaming but returned it. I realzed I wanted to make a dvd instead because I can take it with me if I want and use it at other homes also. I particularly like all the videos I can use which are useful to my home, garage door openers etc, like you mentioned but I am extremely interested in many of the artists around the country (many I have taken lessons with) to learn from their videos and all the updates and fancy brush strokes etc. I also have met so many from around the world who keep me inspired. Thanks again for asking. It's really so much fun when you know these people but don't get to see them anymore.

Last edited by Gardenia1; 08-26-2015 at 01:17 AM. Reason: one spelling and one to clarify
Old 08-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Sage
Default Burning DVD's

Just a thought...there are ways to show on your TV whatever your PC is displaying. Of course that wouldn't help you on the road.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:25 AM

Thanks Polar Bear....... I did make one on the old 8.1 Windows, about 12 videos on only 1 dvd and it came out perfect. I had help to do it but I didn't take notes and we were going back and forth and over again. Also I have to consider the copywrites on some of these. I don't intend to make copies. I think I'll join the Computer Club for some help too. I'll bet they will be a big help. I'm not giving up until I know how inside and out without screwing up my new hard drive. Thank you all again.

Last edited by Gardenia1; 08-26-2015 at 02:39 AM. Reason: To clarify.
Closed Thread

Tags
burning, computer, dvds, dvd, player, familiar, process, burn, utube, places/people, viewing, instructional

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.