Computer help

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Default Computer help

Does anyone have a recommendation for a computer, wireless printer, WiFi company to help with set up? Thought we had it all figured out after our move-in last week but we did something wrong and now we can't get our WiFi. I saw an ad for Cflgeek. Help!
Old 03-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a computer, wireless printer, WiFi company to help with set up? Thought we had it all figured out after our move-in last week but we did something wrong and now we can't get our WiFi. I saw an ad for Cflgeek. Help!
I've used Cflgeek and they are very good. BUT, I do have a regular and very good computer young man that I would highly recommend. Jon Townsend 352-250-1686. If you decide to call him, you will probably have to leave your number and a very brief message, when his assistant returns your call she will tell you what he charges before you make an appointment, which I really like. I have used him since we first arrived in TV, probably 9 years ago.

I also decided to go all WiFi recently and I had problems, Jon sorted it out.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-08-2015, 05:03 PM

What exactly is the problem?

Crusty
Old 03-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Had eveverything set up with WiFi and internet but not wireless printer. Then when attempting to get printer going we lost WiFi and it's not listed as an option to choose from in our network connections. So no WiFi and no printer. We have a call in to Cflgeek and the gentleman listed above.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:33 PM

Hi
This is just a suggestion. Unplug your router for 1 minute then reconnect the wireless printer has to be set up from the printer. You should at least get your wifi back.

Crusty
Old 03-08-2015, 05:49 PM

Hi
This is just a suggestion. Unplug your router for 1 minute then reconnect. The wireless printer has to be set up from the printer. You should at least get your wifi back.

Crusty

Sorry the grammar was not correct please read again.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:56 PM

Thanks. Will do. Otherwise I have a call in for help.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,240 Posts

Double check your printer instructions, mine had a WPS button, and all I had to do was push BOTH buttons, the one on the printer and the one on the wireless modem, they each saw each other and all was good.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Platinum member

I have used CflGeek in the past. They are very good!!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Your router will have a rest button or small whole to put a paperclip in to reset. If unplugging does not wok try this.
Also if you know a neighbor with a smart phone or laptop see if the can see your router so you know it is broadcasting.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

get intouch with the computer club,,, or go to a meeting,, they are free,, and love to help people,, there are some guys there that will come to your house for a small fee, and they do a great Job!! most really only want paid in Donuts!!
Old 03-10-2015, 03:50 PM

Thanks everyone. We couldn't get anyone out to the house right away so with a lot of fussing, and swearing, we figured it out ourselves although I don't think we know how we fixed it. I will keep everyone's suggestions in case we need help in the future.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Thanks everyone. We couldn't get anyone out to the house right away so with a lot of fussing, and swearing, we figured it out ourselves although I don't think we know how we fixed it. I will keep everyone's suggestions in case we need help in the future.
Been there and done that, the worst was when I had a older TrendNet adapter for my HP LaserJet printer, I once spent almost 2 hours getting my wife's PC to recognize the printer, and I had another PC right next to hers to compare settings. Glad my current setup supports WPS.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.