Cell Phone Plans

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2019, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Verizon has a 55+ plan. Two lines, unlimited talk, text, and data. $80 + tax. I have this, and it's a great deal.

T-Mobile is terrible here in The Villages. We had it for 2 years and switched back last year to Verizon due to poor service. When Irma went through, we lost service for nearly two weeks on T-Mobile. Never again.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
Verizon has a 55+ plan. Two lines, unlimited talk, text, and data. $80 + tax. I have this, and it's a great deal.

T-Mobile is terrible here in The Villages. We had it for 2 years and switched back last year to Verizon due to poor service. When Irma went through, we lost service for nearly two weeks on T-Mobile. Never again.
I'm surprised. I have T-Mobile and haven't had any issued at all. Great customer service and not one dropped call, anywhere in the Villages. YMMV

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-17-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I'm surprised. I have T-Mobile and haven't had any issued at all. Great customer service and not one dropped call, anywhere in the Villages. YMMV
T-Mobile is great here in Winifred, but they don't have nearly as many local towers as Verizon, so your coverage is going to be more sensitive to your location.
--
bc
Old 02-17-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

I think that every cell phone network review I have ever read has rated Verizon as the best network. So, if you want the best call service, why use any other network? If you want to save money, that is a different matter.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think that every cell phone network review I have ever read has rated Verizon as the best network. So, if you want the best call service, why use any other network? If you want to save money, that is a different matter.

well I disagree with you.. I had verizon for several years and yes I never had a problem but they were expensive for 2 phones.. I switched to Cricket and as I stated earlier haven't had any problems with them over the 4 years with them.. also I haven't ever seen a bad post about them.. and as far $$$ yes I prefer paying $70 a month for 2 phones compared to about $125 when I switched from verizon
Old 02-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
well I disagree with you.. I had verizon for several years and yes I never had a problem but they were expensive for 2 phones.. I switched to Cricket and as I stated earlier haven't had any problems with them over the 4 years with them.. also I haven't ever seen a bad post about them.. and as far $$$ yes I prefer paying $70 a month for 2 phones compared to about $125 when I switched from verizon
Cricket uses the AT&T network, which is the network that the OP is complaining about with poor service. Others have complained about AT&T also. You don't have to get service directly from Verizon to use their network. There are cheaper services that use the Verizon network, like Xfinity Mobile, for example. All I said was that every independent comparisons of the cell networks that I have seen always rate Verizon as the best network.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, cell, poor, suggestions, at&t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.