Cell reception AT&T in remote areas???

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Sage
Default Cell reception AT&T in remote areas???

I have had AT&T for our phones for several years. In the last year or so I have noticed that while in the car driving around I get only 1/2 bar or no bars and have no service. This happens sporatically around town but especially going down the freeway. I have no idea what would happen if my car broke down somewhere between cell towers. Is this normal? I am not against changing companies if others do not have this problem. It's almost scary to think of this happening.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Cell Consideration

I am not sure but not surpised there may be an AT&T Cell problem in some of the areas around The Villages, especially in the south end where all of the building is going on. A few years ago I was asked to collect the AT&T problems in the South area. I was successful in collecting about 400-500 residents with the problems and met with the Florida AT&T VP. At the meeting he brought his laptop and showed the areas of the Villages and some area beyond the Village territory. It graphically indicated which parts of the Village's were covered by cell towers and areas that needed more coverage. It indicated they were aware of the problems with some coverage problems. We also discussed that it takes about 18 months to get a tower when considering the Gov. Licenses, getting the property, building etc. The point of this is give some comfort that AT&T knows when they have a problem. Given the growth going on I would not be surprised that some area's are not or weak with coverage. As result of our meeting it was able to get them to discount boasters if some residents needed them at the time. Of course I do not work for or have any personal interest in AT&T. Just some feedback.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I am not sure but not surpised there may be an AT&T Cell problem in some of the areas around The Villages, especially in the south end where all of the building is going on. A few years ago I was asked to collect the AT&T problems in the South area. I was successful in collecting about 400-500 residents with the problems and met with the Florida AT&T VP. At the meeting he brought his laptop and showed the areas of the Villages and some area beyond the Village territory. It graphically indicated which parts of the Village's were covered by cell towers and areas that needed more coverage. It indicated they were aware of the problems with some coverage problems. We also discussed that it takes about 18 months to get a tower when considering the Gov. Licenses, getting the property, building etc. The point of this is give some comfort that AT&T knows when they have a problem. Given the growth going on I would not be surprised that some area's are not or weak with coverage. As result of our meeting it was able to get them to discount boasters if some residents needed them at the time. Of course I do not work for or have any personal interest in AT&T. Just some feedback.
I do have a Microcell at home. Without it our reception is very poor. The thing that most concerns me is the reception along the highway on trips. Drove to Orlando this week and about half the trip there and back we had no reception. This was on both phones. I was wondering from others if this is normal if they have the same problem with whatever cell service they have. I actually live in Hadley not too far South and just driving up Odell towards Morse we have no service. You would think by now 10 years after the Villages was built that these problems wouldn't happen.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina

I live in Fernandina. When I first came to The Villages, I had AT&T. The reception was terrible. Once I was out of my contract I moved to Verizon. Verizon is much better. Sprint is somehow related to Verizon, so I've heard also gets good reception.

Tags
car, cell, at&t, idea, towers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.