Century Link outages N of 466

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2018, 08:18 AM
Default Century Link outages N of 466

I've been having brief and frequent outages with my CenturyLink Wifi connection . the Wi-Fi symbol will show a Red Dot breifly . anybody else? It's been happening since Thursday Oct 18th.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
I've been having brief and frequent outages with my CenturyLink Wifi connection . the Wi-Fi symbol will show a Red Dot breifly . anybody else? It's been happening since Thursday Oct 18th.
I have had some really odd things happening. Usually when I lose WiFi I just reset the modem and it comes back up, but recently (maybe two weeks ago) I could not reset and had to actually manually turn off the computer and wait for it to come back up; or even unplug the computer. It has righted itself over the past week and I am having no problems now. Perhaps they are working on the lines, I am led to believe that upgrades are on the way!!!!! We can only hope.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-21-2018, 09:10 AM

We just got hooked up Thursday, been back 3 times. On about ten minutes off about 20 unless we unplug modem then back quicker
Old 10-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcapaul View Post
We just got hooked up Thursday, been back 3 times. On about ten minutes off about 20 unless we unplug modem then back quicker
I am no expert ......... BUT I do not think this should be happening to you. I have had Century Link for at least 10 yrs and have never had any problems with them before. Yes, once in a great while, we lose Wifi, but it comes right back. Your problem is unacceptable.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 10-21-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

My Comcast Xfinity is working fine.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Well, I telephoned CL, the tech says my connection is 'unstable', I said what does that mean. She said she can fix it remotely, she claimed it went from 56 % to 99 %, and she had me wiggle the wall connection and the router/modem connection. She says if i continue to have a problem to call again and they will send a tech to my house. I only have the 25 mbps connection, as i only have the old copper phones lines in my area near the Savannah Center. Bill
Old 10-21-2018, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Well, I telephoned CL, the tech says my connection is 'unstable', I said what does that mean. She said she can fix it remotely, she claimed it went from 56 % to 99 %, and she had me wiggle the wall connection and the router/modem connection. She says if i continue to have a problem to call again and they will send a tech to my house. I only have the 25 mbps connection, as i only have the old copper phones lines in my area near the Savannah Center. Bill
I went to a class on streaming given by two guys from the Computer Club and this subject was raised. One of the people in attendance lives in the vicinity of Savannah and said he had been upgraded and his connection was excellent. If you have to have them back, you might want to ask about that.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM

Still waiting for Century Link to fix it. Fiber optic, when it works its great. Another day sitting at home waiting for a tech, oh well fix it today or pull it out.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcapaul View Post
Still waiting for Century Link to fix it. Fiber optic, when it works its great. Another day sitting at home waiting for a tech, oh well fix it today or pull it out.
I told you in an earlier post that I had been having problems, well what do you know the problems are back. I have had no emails all morning, probably since last night, and now have just received pages of them, and I am sure there are more on their way. I believe there is definitely a problem. Definitely tell them you are moving on to Comcast or whatever and see what happens.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:12 PM

They sent a repairman to my house on Monday, he said I had a loose wire on the outside of the garage so he fixed it. I still get moments Wifi disconnects and then reconnects all by itself . so far my streaming has not been interrupted while watching my TV shows in the evening, that will be the trigger for me to telephone CenturyLink again.
Closed Thread

Tags
outages, breifly, dot, red, show

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.