charging in europe

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 PM
chachacha's Avatar
chachacha chachacha is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hemingway
Posts: 2,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default charging in europe

i have a replacement plug which will let me use appliances in europe but it is not a it ok to charge a laptop without a transformer? i know it is ok for phones and tablets but does a laptop use more power? also small electrics like toothbrush and hair styler...?? i once burned up a travel iron with a transformer so don't want to mess up again.
happiness is to joy as a light bulb is to the sun!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:53 PM
SALYBOW's Avatar
Platinum member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Villages, fl
Posts: 1,522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Couldn't you plug the transformer you have into the plug you have that fits into the european circuit?
Sally Bowron
Cincinnati, Ohio; Osceola Hills at Soaring Eagle, TV

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,944
Thanks: 367
Thanked 1,101 Times in 523 Posts

Your laptop will charge fine without a transformer. been doing this for years. I'm not sure about the toothbrush or hair styler.
It's harder to hate close up.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Mr Jamie Mr Jamie is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Atlanta GA / Sabal Chase -TV / Home Town : Buffalo NY
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Dianne ---- If you read the back of your laptop power supply it should read something like : 110v - 240v 50/60hz. The power supply is actually a transformer it converts AC to DC that your PC uses. You should be fine --- just make sure you have a European plug adapter.

*****Caution ***** not all electronics work this way --- but PC's and cell phones do.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,980
Thanks: 895
Thanked 761 Times in 256 Posts

I have a small dual voltage hair dryer and a dual voltage plug which goes into their electric outlet and allows you to plug in your appliance. I bought mine years ago, but I have seen them at the airport in the duty free area.

You must switch from 110 to 240 because if you don't you kill your appliance.
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.