Chromebook Talk At Eisenhower

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2019, 07:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Chromebook Talk At Eisenhower

Saw this in today's paper. I was very happy to give the talk and got some very positive feedback.
My mission is to make people's computer life easier.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20190612_085345 - Edited (1).jpg
Views:	323
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	79864  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We have both been using ACER Chromebooks here for the past 3-4 years. For exactly the purposes in the article you att. Both of these 15" laptops have an external keyboard and 24" monitor - so they are GREAT desktops. Love the ease of use, ultraquick "bootup", price (ours were $200 each).

Sorry to miss your presentation, would have attended...
Old 06-26-2019, 10:14 PM
Default question for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Saw this in today's paper. I was very happy to give the talk and got some very positive feedback.
My mission is to make people's computer life easier.
what brand have you find to be the most reliable? i was in a school that had Acer, and i had observed those being like a timex watch,,,,”take a licken and keep on ticking “ ,,, however the most ram they had were 4gig,, i am looking for one with large screen 15” or more and max amount of memory,,,, do u know if can run photoshop and lightroom on them?
Old 06-27-2019, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpepsi View Post
what brand have you find to be the most reliable? i was in a school that had Acer, and i had observed those being like a timex watch,,,,”take a licken and keep on ticking “ ,,, however the most ram they had were 4gig,, i am looking for one with large screen 15” or more and max amount of memory,,,, do u know if can run photoshop and lightroom on them?
I have an Acer CB5-571 which is a 15" 1080 HD. Some new Chromebooks will allow you to load Linux, which has thousands of programs. While Linux can't run Photoshop or any Windows programs, there are many programs that work almost as well (for example I hear good things about GIMP).
Closed Thread

Tags
talk, feedback, positive, life, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.