COMCAST EMAIL Problems

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2018, 05:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default COMCAST EMAIL Problems

I am having a very difficult time connecting with COMCAST Email and many times i simply time-out and back to square one. Ever since they "improved" the email it has been terrible.

Anyone else having this problem.....What can we do?????
Old 02-15-2018, 06:04 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like you are using their portal, which brings up all their web/video/news/ad casts. See if you can log in directly to their email servers using your credentials. I haven't looked into this in quite a while for anyone, but try this: use the same Comcast login that you use on your phone or tablet After all, they are each going to approximately the same site/ account. You might see SMTP or POP3 port settings.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Unable to get into Comcast mail since 3:35 pm - has happened before and eventually they get it worked out......
Old 02-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

Same here for me and my guest, who both use comcast email. Not able to load it. I signed on the comcast.net and my email account there directly, and it's not working either.

It's a Comcast issue and it'll likely be fixed by tomorrow.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Mine is down also, i use Outlook to connect with Comcast, and download the email to my PC. Tried multiple restarts of Outlook, also restarted W10 PC to no avail. It looks like sending email is still working.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

It would appear that everything is back to normal this a.m.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

We went through that yesterday and I on-line chatted w/ Comcast for 30 minutes to no avail. They opened a trouble ticket and said the tech weenies would call us. No call, but this morning all appears to be OK.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Sage

I believe you should avoid using the e-mail service of your internet provider. If you ever change your internet provider you may be forced into changing your e-mail address, which can be a painful process. I recommend using something independent such as Google, Yahoo, etc. as you can keep that e-mail address for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65 View Post
We went through that yesterday and I on-line chatted w/ Comcast for 30 minutes to no avail. They opened a trouble ticket and said the tech weenies would call us. No call, but this morning all appears to be OK.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ever since they converted to this new email it has been a disaster...even the best of days getting email to open is slow and I have (Supposedly) BLAST speed!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Sage

Your subscribed internet bandwidth (BLAST) will have little or no impact on opening e-mail if the problem is with their e-mail server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Ever since they converted to this new email it has been a disaster...even the best of days getting email to open is slow and I have (Supposedly) BLAST speed!
Old 02-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Outlook started working last night around 10 pm, and is working fine this morning.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Gold member
Default We too have comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
I am having a very difficult time connecting with COMCAST Email and many times i simply time-out and back to square one. Ever since they "improved" the email it has been terrible.

Anyone else having this problem.....What can we do?????
Truth I am perhaps prejudiced BUT THEY STINK.
In my opinion the only reason they are still in business in the villages is because the others also stink.

For one thing what we pay is roughly twice what we have paid elsewhere.

As to our experience. Neighbor cut the wire having a pool put in we were without phone, computer and tv for 5-6 days. Then they left the cable unhurried for a year. Yup, it was cut again with a lawnmower. Yup, five days to repair. Coincidence? Then about a week later, only our TV was working-no phone, no internet. Earliest appointment two days later. Yup, I asked for a manager. I directly asked ok you are a manger yet, you tell me the same as your clerk. Do you have someone who is a real manager who can do something besides collect a bigger paycheck?

I have all the names and exact time of my call. I will bet even the names are not real. The people you reach on the phone are not local. They do not even know what or where the villages are.

I've wondered if, we could join together and negotiate for better service at lower cost. A friend in south florida is paying $8.00 a month.
Closed Thread

Tags
email, comcast, terrible, improved, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.