Comcast/Xfinity pixelation

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Charlie1126, we had a lightning hit in our area and it fried the cable from the outside box to the house and took out the Modem also. We were having the pixelation problem before the damage happened and the Modem was replaced. The repair of both items fixed everything. Call Xfinity in the evening and you will get through quicker. During the day it's not good at all.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:46 PM
Default DISH & DirecTV pixelate when we get heavy rain.

I've had both satellite providers and CenturyLink - and when my contract is over this time I have no idea what I'll do after seeing these remarks about Comcast/Xfinity.... It's true about the wait times with Xfinity. My son opted for it when he moved here in JUL and both he and I (on his behalf while he was working) spent VERY LONG WAITS on the phone about 3 or 4 times trying to correct things or get information. I wish someone would surprise us all and tell us what OTHER alternative there is to obtain Internet and phone service without one of these providers.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
I've had both satellite providers and CenturyLink - and when my contract is over this time I have no idea what I'll do after seeing these remarks about Comcast/Xfinity.... It's true about the wait times with Xfinity. My son opted for it when he moved here in JUL and both he and I (on his behalf while he was working) spent VERY LONG WAITS on the phone about 3 or 4 times trying to correct things or get information. I wish someone would surprise us all and tell us what OTHER alternative there is to obtain Internet and phone service without one of these providers.
Lianne: We have had no issues with our internet access. We pay for what I think is the fastest residential service (300 bps) because of my husband's work and it is great. My recent painful interactions with them had to do with ordering the MLB (baseball) package. Spent hours on the phone with multiple support people and could not get it to work. We have Tivo devices rather than Comcast-owned equipment and have never had this kind of problem before when ordering sports packages. My complaints involve contacting the company for support. Their internet service can't be beat, IMO, once it is up and running. Good luck.

k.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Call in on the I'm going to cancel line. They answer those calls first. Be strong and firm and play like you're going down the road unless they help you. You will get their attention. It usually works with getting some action quickly.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamma3 View Post
Has anyone else with Comcast/Xfinity been having problems with pixelation, particularly on ABC? We have also been having problems with ESPN pixelation.
Comcast gets their signal over the air for local broadcast stations. In bad weather, or if the station is doing maintenance (WKMG) or having equipment issues (WUCF), the signal Comcast receives is degraded, so the signal they send you is degraded. Garbage in-garbage out. If you have issues too often notify Comcast. The drop to your house might have gone bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
pixelation, comcast/xfinity, problems, abc, espn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.