Computer Issue, Can't send emails

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2019, 08:12 PM
Default Computer Issue, Can't send emails

HELP. On my sbcglobal account, I am unable to send email and get a message it was rejected by server because it does not allow relaying. How to I fix this problem?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

Did this just start to happen? (Could you previously send emails using this device and account?)

What device are you using (Windows computer, Mac computer, Chromebook, smartphone, tablet ...)?

What email app are you using to write and send your email?

More info would be helpful.

kathy
Old 05-14-2019, 05:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Need more information. But, if you are using an APP, try logging in to your email account using the actual email "WWW" address instead of the APP.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmrsj View Post
HELP. On my sbcglobal account, I am unable to send email and get a message it was rejected by server because it does not allow relaying. How to I fix this problem?
If you try to send an email and get an error message that says "The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying," chances are you need to check your outgoing mail server settings.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 AM

I am using an IPad. Was working and just encountered the problem yesterday. Called Apple and they said it was a Yahoo issue. I have an sbcglobal email. What should the outgoing mail server settings be?
Old 05-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Veteran member

Apparently sbcglobal is technically Yahoo mail. They have had some outages in the last couple of days.

Are you using Apple Mail to get your emails? If so, try using your browser to log into the email system. If you can't, that will tell you that the problem is with Yahoo and not your iPad configuration. If you can get your email through the browser, then you need to change something in your settings. I would suspect that it is a Yahoo problem, though, since it worked until yesterday (and I assume you haven't changed anything on your end?)

kathy
Old 05-14-2019, 10:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmrsj View Post
I am using an IPad. Was working and just encountered the problem yesterday. Called Apple and they said it was a Yahoo issue. I have an sbcglobal email. What should the outgoing mail server settings be?
If you haven't changed them since your e-mail was last working, I would leave them alone.

Sounds like a Yahoo! issue, so may just have to wait for them to fix it.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

What Is SBC Global Webmail And How To Access It?

Did you call the sbcglobal mail support line?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:05 PM

I am having trouble on Chrome with Facebook. I opened a chat page with a friend and it will not close. I worked with Best Buy's online service and they could not tell me how to get it down. They did tell me to use a different browser and that worked but I hate to keep switching back and forth. Any ideas? Can I delete Facebook and download it again?
Closed Thread

Tags
send, server, rejected, fix, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.