Computer Problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2021, 07:21 AM
Default your software

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsmith View Post
I purchased Easy CD&DVD Burning 2 from Best Buy. I want to make audio cd’s for my songs and I want the songs information which should show when I put the cd in my computer, so I know what song I want to listen to. I tried several times to burn an audio but each time I burn one it shows Track 1, track 2 etc. No information ( artist, song, genre, time etc) is displayed. I have tried to use help but there is no step-by-step guide to help guide me through from the beginning to the end. It will not let me use another cd to get music off of to transfer to another cd.I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure out what.I tried calling the company and they were no help couldn’t understand their English.
Donna 353-633-3883
Go to the screen where you picked a CD Music file. On the left of the screen. Click on that and this time, choose Edit (existing files). Then add the info you want displayed for each track. I don't have the software, but the guide on their website points in that direction. Next time do it before copying the files to the CD. This also assume you bought read write CD, which you did, and that you did not "finalize" them as no longer editable.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:35 AM

It's been a while but I thought Windows Media Player does all this
Old 09-03-2021, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,705 Times in 5,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimp View Post
It's been a while but I thought Windows Media Player does all this
It does for music CDs, but not DVD videos. For most commercial CDs, when you rip the CD to the Media Center library and then burn a disc, it will include all of the information for each song. But, I have found that some commercial CDs will not transfer the song information. I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with the information embedding process used to create the original CD.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM

How to Burn an Audio CD With Track Information

When you download music from the Internet or rip songs from a CD, they may not always include the full and correct track information. Using an audio CD without track information can be frustrating, as it's not always immediately clear what the song titles are or which order they are supposed to be played in. If you want to burn an audio CD with the track information included, you can manually add in the information prior to burning.

Step 1

Open up your audio playback program of choice, such as Windows Media Player. Click on the "Library" link at the left side of the window.

Step 2

Click on the "Songs" icon underneath the "Library" heading to arrange your list of music alphabetically by band and then by album. Scroll down through the list of albums and find the music that you want to add track information to.

Step 3

The "Advanced Tag Editor" Option

Right-click on the song that is missing track information. Select the "Advanced Tag Editor" option from the pop-up menu. Navigate to the "Track Info" tab at the top of the new window.

Step 4

Entering Track Information

Click inside the "Title" text box and type the title of the song. Click on the "Genre" button and select the music genre from the drop-down menu. Click on "Track Number" and enter in the order that the track should appear on the album.

Step 5

Press the tab button to navigate down to the "Album" text box. Enter the album title. Click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" to save the track information. Repeat the process for any of the other tracks that you want to burn to a CD.

Step 6

Burning a New Audio CD

Insert a blank CD-R into your computer's CD-RW drive. Click on the "Burn a new Audio CD" link in the window that will appear.

Step 7

Click on "Library" again and find the songs you want to burn. Right-click on each of them and choose "Add to Burn List." Click on the "Start Burn" button at the lower right corner of the window to burn the audio CD with the corresponding track information.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,705 Times in 5,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie.Fazio View Post
How to Burn an Audio CD With Track Information

When you download music from the Internet or rip songs from a CD, they may not always include the full and correct track information. Using an audio CD without track information can be frustrating, as it's not always immediately clear what the song titles are or which order they are supposed to be played in. If you want to burn an audio CD with the track information included, you can manually add in the information prior to burning.

Step 1

Open up your audio playback program of choice, such as Windows Media Player. Click on the "Library" link at the left side of the window.

Step 2

Click on the "Songs" icon underneath the "Library" heading to arrange your list of music alphabetically by band and then by album. Scroll down through the list of albums and find the music that you want to add track information to.

Step 3

The "Advanced Tag Editor" Option

Right-click on the song that is missing track information. Select the "Advanced Tag Editor" option from the pop-up menu. Navigate to the "Track Info" tab at the top of the new window.

Step 4

Entering Track Information

Click inside the "Title" text box and type the title of the song. Click on the "Genre" button and select the music genre from the drop-down menu. Click on "Track Number" and enter in the order that the track should appear on the album.

Step 5

Press the tab button to navigate down to the "Album" text box. Enter the album title. Click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" to save the track information. Repeat the process for any of the other tracks that you want to burn to a CD.

Step 6

Burning a New Audio CD

Insert a blank CD-R into your computer's CD-RW drive. Click on the "Burn a new Audio CD" link in the window that will appear.

Step 7

Click on "Library" again and find the songs you want to burn. Right-click on each of them and choose "Add to Burn List." Click on the "Start Burn" button at the lower right corner of the window to burn the audio CD with the corresponding track information.
First of all, your instructions depend on which version of Media Player you are using. There are many versions. But, also, I have several albums where all of the information for the song tracks show up correctly within the Media Player library. But, when you burn those songs or the entire album to a blank CD, the only information that appears on playback are the track numbers. I have burned and copied thousands of CDs and most of them show the correct song information, but a few of them do not transfer the information to the blank CD, even when you edit the information in the Media Center library before burning the CD.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsmith View Post
I purchased Easy CD&DVD Burning 2 from Best Buy . . .I tried calling the company and they were no help couldn’t understand their English.
Donna 353-633-3883
Donna, I found a good straight-forward youtube video tutorial that you can follow to do this. It uses the itunes software. The key is after burning the CD, you need to submit the CD track names to the Gracenote CDDB service. This usually takes 24-48 hours. Until then, the track names will likely only show up on the PC that you used to burn the CD. After the 48 hours, the info will appear for other internet-connected devices that you use to play the CD. Believe it or not, this is the easy way . . .

How to share track names on burned audio CDs in iTunes - YouTube

The more difficult way is to use software that you will allow you to burn with a CD-Text. Here are a couple links to get software and how it's done.

How to Burn With a CD-Text on Windows Media Player | It Still Works

How to write or burn a CD (CD-R) that includes CD-Text with ImgBurn - Scott Hanselman's Blog

For future reference, you might want to be a little more specific for the title of your post. This is not actually what most people would consider a "computer problem" but more of a "need help burning a CD" or "need help making a CD". I hope this advice and the youtube tutorial and other links are helpful. Please let us know if your problem gets resolved.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
why would anybody buy software to rip a cd? If all you want is to rip music from a cd, there are many free programs that ae so easy to use. The easiest is iTunes. If you are on a Mac, you put in a cd and it prompts you if you want to rip it and you click yes. You are done! It works the same using windows, not as elegant though. On a Mac, you can also download XLD which is free. I have a few thousand cds ripped using these free programs.
If you are an audiophile, then use XLD, if not, use iTunes.
Been using iTunes in a Windows environment for years and I agree with this post. Adding CDs is very easy. CD info including artwork will transfer quite fast and accurately. I've also added vinyl and cassettes after digitizing the tracks (using an ION machine) and in this instance track titles and artist name must be added manually.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Level of expertise

I am pretty sure the level of expertise for the op was less than many of us . Not everyone is a geek , thus the question was raised. Lets not forget we were all there once and some of us still don't understand calculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahabs View Post
Been using iTunes in a Windows environment for years and I agree with this post. Adding CDs is very easy. CD info including artwork will transfer quite fast and accurately. I've also added vinyl and cassettes after digitizing the tracks (using an ION machine) and in this instance track titles and artist name must be added manually.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

It all depends on the software you are using. The software I use will go to a number of online databases to pick up the metadata for the cd: track names, icon for cd.
In today’s environment, why would anybody want to burn a cd? I have ripped thousands of cds and never touch them for over a decade. I stream everything in my home, in my car, riding a bike, etc..
I also have 140,000 audio tracks that are in my music library (virtual) from Tidal, a subscription service. I use Roon and I can send my music to individual rooms in my house, with each oom playing a different song, all controlled from an iPhone or iPad. I use hands free airplay in my car with all my cds ripped to my iPhone and access to tidal, so I can play 100,000 songs from my iPhone. This is very easy to do
Old 09-16-2021, 10:01 AM
Default Computer Help

I want to thank everyone who responded to my question about adding music info to CD’s before burning. I was amazed at the number of responses. A lot of the answers really helped me and I will not hesitate to ask for help again. Thank you Villagers.
Donna
Closed Thread

Tags
computer, guide, song, burn, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.