Computer Technology Help Needed Please!

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2020, 07:17 AM
Default Computer Technology Help Needed Please!

I can get around my computer pretty well, but I am completely stumped with this one. Somehow, I changed my download settings. When I go into the files, I used to see the images of my pictures or documents. Now, they appear as:

File Name, Date Downloaded, File Type and File Size

Can anyone help me as to how I can revert back to my previous format and view the images?

Thank you!
Old 05-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Look at the top line on the screen, I am guessing you will see a VIEW tab, click on that and you should see several options (windows) has at least 3 small, medium and large icons, which is what you had previously selected, pick the one you like.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:58 AM
Thumbs up Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the help! It worked! I feel so foolish.... If you only knew how much time I spent on this!

Thank you again!!
Old 05-12-2020, 08:52 AM
Gold member
Default Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Look at the top line on the screen, I am guessing you will see a VIEW tab, click on that and you should see several options (windows) has at least 3 small, medium and large icons, which is what you had previously selected, pick the one you like.
Hope this helps.
We can always depend on you--thanks
Old 05-12-2020, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,413 Times in 5,106 Posts

Using the "View" dropdown menu only changes the view for that particular folder, i.e. "Downloads". If you want all folders to have the same view setting, you can click on "Options", then "View", and then set the same view options for all folders. Otherwise, you may need to change the view setting for every folder that you access.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofSnow View Post
I can get around my computer pretty well, but I am completely stumped with this one. Somehow, I changed my download settings. When I go into the files, I used to see the images of my pictures or documents. Now, they appear as:

File Name, Date Downloaded, File Type and File Size

Can anyone help me as to how I can revert back to my previous format and view the images?

Thank you!
It depends on what you are looking for. If you are referring to images in your email they it could be one of two things. Your email program might have you settings changed to block images and links making both the image and /or the the links in the email to not work. The other cause could be the setup in your firewall. If you have a program that is in control of the firewall other than windows i.e. Norton then that also could prevent you being able to view the images. These settings can be adjusted, but in many cases its good for your protection as many viruses and spyware are embedded in the images. To be honest a better description of your experience would help in giving advise since there are many thing not specific in you request.. S/F Tony
Old 05-13-2020, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

Not to take away his help, but don't forget you can always "Google" a question.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, images, computer, date, documents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.