COMUTER VIRUS

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Default COMUTER VIRUS

://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
I checked Snopes (URL above, and it is for real!!
Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!
You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any m essage with an attachme nt entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE,20which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.
If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.
This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFI T ALL OF US
Snopes lists all the names it could come in.
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: COMUTER VIRUS

Thanks so much for the wARNING... :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 07-23-2008, 07:58 PM

I truly wish people would NOT post scare messages like this. If you are worried about the possibility of receiving this virus, please go to snopes.com and look under "computers" and then "computer viruses" for the complete message.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

This is one of the half-truths. According to Snopes, the Postcard virus is real (it is a worm, not something that will burn your hard drive). However, it is NOT the worst virus ever and it was not reported as such by CNN. I think this is one of those you really need to read Snopes' warning on it. It is confusing since it is partially right but extremely exaggerated.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-23-2008, 09:00 PM

This not a scare message its information you can read it or not and you can believe it or not Why do some people try to twist things around IT reminds me of the time i said
Good Morning to my manger at work and he said what did you mean by that
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 PM

My computer is in the process of getting cleaned. I opened an email that looked like a top ten list of news stories from CNN. The computer technician here in upstate NY claimed he had a dozen or so computers with the same virus. They seem to have a new one every week. So beware of any phony CNN lists.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.