Cost of internet

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Default Cost of internet

I am not down there yet but hope to be soon Can any one give some basic cost for internet and tv.
lewis
Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

there are all levels of service for both TV and internet. For economy internet and basic digital tv through comcast.....$90-100. You can probably get 3-6 month specials that will drop this price and then you can add a load of extras to the TV portion such as expanding service, sports chanels, HBO, HD etc that will bring the price up substantialy.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 PM

i recently moved in to Tamarind Grove
I'm using comcast for TV, internet includes STARZ movie channel, home phone includes free long distance. Total bill monthly is 146.38
Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfolson01 View Post
I'm using comcast for TV, internet includes STARZ movie channel, home phone includes free long distance. Total bill monthly is 146.38
Hi Neighbor,

We're moving to Tamarind Grove the end of June (Montbrook Place) and will need comcast for internet, but may go with Direct TV for TV. We have 5 tvs (don't even ask!) and want to be able to watch different shows on each. Any idea what Direct TV costs v. Comcast. How many tvs do you have for your $146.38?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfolson01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadlos View Post
Hi Neighbor, we're moving to Tamarind Grove the end of June (Montbrook Place) and will need comcast for internet, but may go with Direct TV for TV. We have 5 tvs (don't even ask!) and want to be able to watch different shows on each. Any idea what Direct TV costs v. Comcast. How many tvs do you have for your $146.38?
We will be building in Tamarind Grove on the east end Ansley Path (lot 37) and will move in October. We will use Comcast for Internet and probably Dish Network for television - that is if the tall oak trees don't block the Dish satellites.

See you guys at the pool!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

We use CenturyLink for phone & DSL, cost about $78.00 and Comcast (the rip off) for TV with digital for $86.00. We have 3 HD TVs but do not subscribe to Comcast HD. Will be switching to Direct TV when we move down full time.

DSL is almost as fast as Comcast that we have up north.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Savings on DirecTV

Anyone interested in installing DirecTV, send me a PM. I can save both of us $100. Very easy to do. I have no interest in DirecTV, other than I like to save money ...

I understand that fiber has been installed in all Villages, since St. Charles. Therefore, you might want to check with CenturyLink to see if they provide faster internet speeds via fiber in your Village. Would like be faster and cheaper than Comcast.

Mike
Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

We're not there full time yet, so we have the basic-basic comcast and internet, it's about $50 a month, plus we can pull in quite a few over the air channels too. Serves our purpose. MagicJack for the phone works great.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default HI jadlos

We have Comcast triple-play (phone, internet, cable) $141....We have seven TV's (don't ask me either)....Checked with Direct, have to get box for every other TV, will not be watching different channels...cost much more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadlos View Post
Hi Neighbor,

We're moving to Tamarind Grove the end of June (Montbrook Place) and will need comcast for internet, but may go with Direct TV for TV. We have 5 tvs (don't even ask!) and want to be able to watch different shows on each. Any idea what Direct TV costs v. Comcast. How many tvs do you have for your $146.38?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
We're not there full time yet, so we have the basic-basic comcast and internet, it's about $50 a month, plus we can pull in quite a few over the air channels too. Serves our purpose. MagicJack for the phone works great.
We have basic-basic comcast and internet and it costs about $110 ... would love to know what package you have .... is it a promo package
Old 05-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

Hi folks. Haven't posted in a while, waiting for the house in VA to sell. One TV question we have is whether or not Comcast offers the MLB "Extra Innings" package and the NLF "Red Zone" station. We are sports fanatics and those are two programs we hope to be able to get. Thanks!

B.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.