Effective Ad Blocker??

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Default Effective Ad Blocker??

Yesterday, I noticed a few posters say they use an ad blocker. If you really do have an ad blocker THAT WORKS, PLEASE SHARE!

Old 08-01-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrichard View Post
Yesterday, I noticed a few posters say they use an ad blocker. If you really do have an ad blocker THAT WORKS, PLEASE SHARE!
It depends on your browser. I use Adblock Plus with Firefox & have had very good luck. Look for an 'app store' or 'add-ons' for whichever browser you use. Search for "ad blocker" and find one that has very high ratings, then read some of the reviews - both positive & negative.
Good luck!

Old 08-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,435 Times in 541 Posts

Same here.
Firefox and Adblock Plus.
Well pleased with it!

Old 08-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Adblock Plus is the best one for sure but while adblockers are great sometimes they block popups you actually need and don't know they have been blocked. Like Malware and anti-virus apps sometimes they decide for you what needs to be blocked when it really doesn't. Also, when a program is FREE (adblock plus) you have to remember that somehow they have to make money.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:02 AM

I use Firefox with Adblock and Ghostery with good results.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,041 Times in 632 Posts

I use uBlock Origin on Chrome, and adBlock plus for MS Edge. I have Seamonkey installed on my computer again and will likely use it in the near future, but I have to figure out which ad blocker will work for it.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:50 PM

Firefox and uBlock

Old 08-01-2020, 07:59 PM

U block & Ad blocker ultimate with Firefox....works great.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM

I use Kaspersky Total Security and it has it's own ad blocker built in, including a banner blocker. It's a very powerful anti-virus program well worth the money, and it has all inclusive features. I also have Malwarebytes as an additional protection. With these two programs I have never been infected. Malwarebytes has a free and a paid version. I eventually bought the paid version. All in all, money well spent for a hassle free internet experience.

Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM

all i use is the private browsing mode. it hides a lot of JUNK. if my site isnt working well, i can quickly switch it off or use whitelist feature. i haven't used regular browsing in ages. go to your browsing icon, right click & it becomes an option to select

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

I don’t understand paying to block adds my phone sends most to junk and when they m reading newspapers or articles if there’s an ad so be it , do you block them from real papers and magazines ? I remember people getting crazy when they started putting promos on tv shows , maybe it’s just me but adds on my screen just don’t seem a high priority, I have much better ways of wasting my money , like never cooking and spending $100 at Blue Fin last nights night lol

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,041 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I don’t understand paying to block adds my phone sends most to junk and when they m reading newspapers or articles if there’s an ad so be it , do you block them from real papers and magazines ? I remember people getting crazy when they started putting promos on tv shows , maybe it’s just me but adds on my screen just don’t seem a high priority, I have much better ways of wasting my money , like never cooking and spending $100 at Blue Fin last nights night lol
These are all free. You don't have to pay for any of them. AdBlock, AdBlock Plus, UBlock Origin. Each has optional premium services but the basic browser extensions are all available free.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
Gold member

Chrome with AdGuard extension.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

Old Today, 07:16 AM

I would try a browser that was built for privacy as its mission. In other words, you don't have to add any ad-blocking extensions. The browser blocks ads out of the box. It's also fast. It includes TOR VPN private mode, as well.

The browser is called "Brave". Get it / read about it here:

Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser

Tags
blocker, effective, works, posters, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.