Email Help

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2022, 08:43 AM
Default Email Help

Hello,

I’m setting up Embarqmail on Outlook using a Gateway All-in-One, running Win 365 and Windows 10 in S Mode. (My mother-in-law lost everything in the Kissimmee flood).

Previously she had CenturyLink Internet service and used Embarqmail for email. She cancelled her CenturyLink service two weeks ago.

I read that Embarqmail can be accessed via Outlook, so I was able to get it working to point of sending mail, but am unable to receive email or see any email history/details from before she left her flooded apartment.

I’m sure Win 10 S Mode is the problem. If I move out of S Mode to make the required changes, there is no return to S Mode. From my reading, it appears that I may need to install a new computer security app. Any recommendations?

Thank you for your help.
Nate
Old 10-24-2022, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Contact the villages computer club.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:35 AM

I use ProtonMail. Secure, no spam and can be accessed anywhere without any setup. It is a great mail provider and free.
Proton - Your Online Privacy, by Default
Old 10-24-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsisaac View Post
Hello,

I’m setting up Embarqmail on Outlook using a Gateway All-in-One, running Win 365 and Windows 10 in S Mode. (My mother-in-law lost everything in the Kissimmee flood).

Previously she had CenturyLink Internet service and used Embarqmail for email. She cancelled her CenturyLink service two weeks ago.

I read that Embarqmail can be accessed via Outlook, so I was able to get it working to point of sending mail, but am unable to receive email or see any email history/details from before she left her flooded apartment.

I’m sure Win 10 S Mode is the problem. If I move out of S Mode to make the required changes, there is no return to S Mode. From my reading, it appears that I may need to install a new computer security app. Any recommendations?

Thank you for your help.
Nate
Embarq is a subsidiary of Century Link. It provides CenturyLinks email service. Since you said that you have cancelled your CenturyLink account, are you sure that they are not limiting your account some way?

Can you access her mail by logging into her account using a browser (and not outlook) at embarqmail.com/login?

If you are not able to login via browser, i suspect it is because you have cancelled your CenturyLink account

If you are able to login, then I would try the various outlook IMAP settings suggested on the web (you can find via a google search). The incoming and outgoing servers (and ports) are different and must be specified individually.

Google search results implies that maybe CenturyLink is limiting your access
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	49122D8A-D55B-4C11-9EE0-C27CABBC30D5.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	95553  
Old 10-24-2022, 03:50 PM
Default Thank you!

Appreciate the replies.

daniel200, you are correct, it looks like her embarqmail was deleted/removed, when she canceled the CenturyLink account.

As it turns out, there was nothing special in her old email, so we made her a new email account on a different platform, which now works with no problem.

Thanks again and have a great rest of the week!
Closed Thread

Tags
email, mode, embarqmail, i’m, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.