Email server deleted

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2020, 08:19 AM

Go to Microsolf and download another Outlook progrom, and see if your contacts were recovered.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:58 AM

Before you do anything else, do a search on your hard drive for Outlook.pst. Then copy it to another folder so you will always have your original file in case you accidentally write over it when you install Outlook. Note the date of the file. If it's recent you know that all your contacts and emails are there.

When you reinstall Outlook it will download all the new mail. Depending on your settings you may lose the new mail when you copy your saved Outlook.pst to the correct location. Something to keep in mind. Better to get it reinstalled sooner than later.

Are you sure it's really deleted? The only way to really delete Outlook is to go to Control Panel and uninstall. Maybe you just deleted the icon and it's still there. In that case click on the window button in the bottom left hand corner and look for Outlook in the program list. You can right click and pin a new icon to the taskbar or copy to the desktop.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:07 AM
Default Outlook on the web

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid View Post
Yesterday, I mistakenly deleted Microsoft Outlook from my computer. I cannot send or receive emails. I lost my contacts list as well. Can this program be restored? I tried to restore to an earlier date without success. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
NK
go to outlook online and sign in all your data should be there, if you use edge click on the three dots at the top and then on more tools, left click on pin to taskbar and say ok to the data box that pops up on the top, you can now click this icon on the taskbar, single click and go to your mail. all your data and contacts should be there.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
If you have an earlier version of windows, you will need the CD that came with the program and reload it. Later versions, you can download the app. You usually cant restore an app or program thats been deleted. Your choices are to try one of the above or sign up for a different email. Dont waste money going to a computer store. Or, its amazing what the younger generation knows now. Call the local school and see if one of the students will help and give them a few dollars. They would appreciate it. This isnt a major issue. Definitely dont take it to a repair shop. Its not broken
wouldn't it work if he had a rescue disk? also--how did you manage to delete that? i've been trying 4ever to uninstall it on my windows10 & can't seem to get it right
Old 09-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

& yes, best bet it to hand the device over to any person under the age of 25. they can fix it in minutes!!
Old 09-04-2020, 09:29 AM

You USED to be able to "go back" in time/"restore" your computer to it's configuration at a previous date, to BEFORE when you screwed it up...
I don't know if that is in the operating system anymore though?
It was in "control panel".
To get there, push simultaneously:
Ctrl+alt+del
Old 09-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Default ... Probably not deleted ...

Quote:
Yesterday, I mistakenly deleted Microsoft Outlook from my computer. I cannot send or receive emails. I lost my contacts list as well. Can this program be restored? I tried to restore to an earlier date without success. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
NK
Reading between the lines, I suspect you did not actually delete the program/app.
Probably just the Shortcut to it.Use the Windows key (if Windows OS) and look for Outlook there.

It would be REALLY helpful if you would post your configuration information.

What is the Operating System? Windows 10?
Which Outlook implementation? Resident? Online?

It would also be extremely helpful if you would respond to our posts as we try to help you.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:42 AM

If you have a laptop, MMD in Lady Lake on 441 will be able to assist. If you have a desktop, you can call them. I highly recommend them.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:13 AM

Thanks to all who replied. Yesterday, I had a paid computer pro come and attempt to restore the lost files. After more than an hour of work he was unable to restore what has been lost. His conclusion is the files are unrecoverable.

I'm using Windows 10 and the email program was from Office 2013.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The OP didn’t say who they were using as an e-mail provider or whether they were using the POP or IMAP protocol. If they were using IMAP, then their e-mail is only stored on the e-mail server. If they were using POP then the e-mail may have been removed from the server and stored on their computer.
For years , I have used Microsoft EMAIL products. If I am on a trip and without my computer, I go to the hotel computer and sign in and see my current EMAIL, along with past emails and contacts. My own computer would be at home and off, not connected to the internet. If you have a smart phone you can do the same.

I find it hard to believe that all is lost.

Good Luck
Old 09-05-2020, 02:01 PM
Sage

Yes. Most people who access their e-mail from multiple devices (home computer, iPhone, iPad, etc.) use the IMAP protocol, which means their e-mails are on their e-mail provider’s e-mail server. In that case, the inadvertent deletion of a e-mail client from a home computer will have no impact on the e-mails. If they are using POP, they may have issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
For years , I have used Microsoft EMAIL products. If I am on a trip and without my computer, I go to the hotel computer and sign in and see my current EMAIL, along with past emails and contacts. My own computer would be at home and off, not connected to the internet. If you have a smart phone you can do the same.

I find it hard to believe that all is lost.

Good Luck
Old 09-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Microsoft has for some bugs in it. On occasion’s I have clicked out of email and it just disappears. I mean gone and can’t be found anywhere.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Thanks to all who replied. Yesterday, I had a paid computer pro come and attempt to restore the lost files. After more than an hour of work he was unable to restore what has been lost. His conclusion is the files are unrecoverable.

I'm using Windows 10 and the email program was from Office 2013.
As I recall, Office 2013 is still based on your PCV and the "outlook.pst" file should still exist on your PC, unless you specifically deleted this file. Do you have Outlook currently running? If yes, then do a search on your PV for "outlook.pst" I am betting that when you installed the 2013 version you used a NON standard file location (been there done that), and the newly installed version does NOT know where to find the file.

Tags
deleted, email, earlier, restored, restore

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.