Epson printer problem

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Default Epson printer problem

I have an Epson 600 all in one printer. I keep getting an error message saying that it does not recognize the black ink cartridge and to replace the cartridge. I removed the cartridge and reinserted it a number of times and also tried a new ink cartridge but keep getting the same message. I called Epson and th said it was a hardware issue and I could take it to one of their service centers (almost 50 miles away and more) or I could purchase a new one from them. Has anyone had this problem and knows how to resolve it?
Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Gold member
Default Sorry I can't help-but

Just a little bit of humor

Computer:Monitor, display this document, ok?

Monitor: No prob, boss.

Computer: OK, now it looks like Mouse is moving around so, Monitor, will you move the pointer icon accordingly?

Monitor: Anything you ask, boss.

Computer: Great, great. OK, Mouse, where are you going now?

Mouse: Over to the icon panel, sir.

Computer: Hmm, Let me know if he clicks anything, OK?

Mouse: Of course.

Keyboard: Sir, he’s pressed control and P simultaneously.

Monitor: Oh God, here we go.

Computer: i>sighs Printer, are you there?

Printer: No.

Computer: Please, Printer. I know you’re there.

Printer: NO! I’m not here! Leave me alone!

Computer: Jesus. OK look, you really ne…

Mouse: Sir, he’s clicked on the printer icon.

Computer: Printer, now you have to print it twice.

Printer: NO! NO! NO! I don’t want to! I hate you! I hate printing! I’m turning off!

Computer: Printer, you know you can’t turn yourself off. Just print the document twice and we’ll leave you alone.

Printer: NO! That’s what you always say! I hate you! I’m out of ink!

Computer: You’re not out of in…

Printer: I’M OUT OF INK!

Computer: span style=“font-style: italic;”>Sighs Monitor, please show a low ink level alert.

Monitor: But sir, he has plen…

Computer: Just do it, damn it!

Monitor: Yes sir.

Keyboard: AHHH! He’s hitting me!

Computer: Stay calm, he’ll stop soon. Stay calm, old friend.

Keyboard: He’s pressing everything. Oh god, I don’t know, he’s just pressing everything!

Computer: PRINTER! Are you happy now?! Do you see what you’ve done?!

Printer: HA! that’s what you get for trying to get me to do work. Next time he…hey…HEY! He’s trying to open me! HELP! HELP! Oh my god! He’s torn out my cartridge! HELP! Please! ERROR!

Monitor: Sir, maybe we should help him?

Computer: No. He did this to himself.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmrsj View Post
I have an Epson 600 all in one printer. I keep getting an error message saying that it does not recognize the black ink cartridge and to replace the cartridge. I removed the cartridge and reinserted it a number of times and also tried a new ink cartridge but keep getting the same message. I called Epson and th said it was a hardware issue and I could take it to one of their service centers (almost 50 miles away and more) or I could purchase a new one from them. Has anyone had this problem and knows how to resolve it?
Are you using recycled ink cartridges?
At $80 new at BestBuy, hardly worth messing around with the Service Center.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 01-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Sage

If it's anything like HP you must use genuine HP cartridges. No refills or knock-offs.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 PM

I use "refills or knock-offs" in my Epsons all the time and have had 0 problems so far

FredF
Old 01-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Gold member

I like Epson printers but hate their tech support. Here are few things you can try: Take all the ink cartridges out and put them back in not just the black then go through the menu for aligning. Also try unplugging the printer and rebooting your computer? Also try deleting the printer driver and reinstall it. I had a similar issue but it was under warranty and they replaced the unit. Epson likes to blame things like that on non OEM ink but so do all the other companies. They make their money on ink not printers.

If it is out of warranty just replace it but I don't recommend HP. May be Canon or Brother if you don't want to stick with Epson.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:57 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Unfortunately, printers are more of a "throw away" item. The only thing I would recommend is to get a new Epson cartridge (not refill or knockoff) and try that. If you don't, Epson can legitimately say it is the ink. Other than that, replace the unit.
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 01-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmrsj View Post
Click here

and here

I'm not sure it will help. If the other all in one features still work I wonder if its worth keeping and just pick up a laser printer. I don't print as often as I used to so I go to the library near by when need be.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.