Equipment repair

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Default Equipment repair

Does anyone in the area do electronics repair? I have earbuds with broken wires. There are do-it-yourself repair directions on the internet, but it requires soldering, and I don't have soldering equipment. So I'm looking for someone who has some experience fixing that kind of thing. Help, anyone?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I would think those would be hard for anyone to solder. I thought the wiring they use for those are pretty much like a soft thread and very fragile. I would also think even if you could solder them you would lose some of clarity of sound. I may be wrong. I don't know what kind of ear buds you have.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,524 Times in 649 Posts

Yes, I have soldering equipment, and have been in that line of work for decades. Live in the Village of Pinellas, send me a PM.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.