Firefox Browser and Starfire 8

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Platinum member
Default Firefox Browser and Starfire 8

I download Firefox Browser. Some of the folks at Computer Club suggested downloading it as a second browser. It would be there in case of a problem with IE. Everything went well, but I can't seem to get my bookmarks/favorites to the permanent sidebar on the left as I have them with my IE. Anyone use Firefox? If so how do you like it as compared to IE?

An additional question: At the same time I downloaded Starfire 8. Where do these documents go? After I saved a test document, I couldn't find it.

Thanks anyone who happens to use Firefox Browser or Starfire 8.
Tampa, FL
Old 09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Firefox Browser and Starfire 8

Ctrl B or go to View>Sidebar>Bookmarks...that should bring your Bookmarks to the left sidebar
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Platinum member

Stancoa, Thanks sooooo much :hot: I've tried all day to do this and was really getting frustrated. Controll B did it. So easy! Appreciate you.
Tampa, FL
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member

I've been using Firefox for a long time. I don't know what Starfire 8 is though.
I really like Firefox for 2 reasons mainly:
  • 1st is the ability to set up tabs on the browser windows. You can open all your usual sites at once and pick them from the tab easily (I think the latest IE does this too)
  • 2nd I think that Firefox, being less popular than IE , is less of a target for those looking to do unscrupulous things to your machine (viruses etc). I may be all wrong about that.

It has worked fine for me with maybe one or two times not working with a site I wanted to get to. I'd just start IE for that.

I think you'll like it a lot!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Veteran member

I agree with Steve, . I have used Firefox from its rollout. Just make sure to have IE available for those few sites that only rely on it. If something doesn't look right in Firefox try it in IE.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I love Firefox. There is also a feature called foxmarks that let's you synchronize your bookmarks across multiple computers.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:10 PM

I have been using Firefox for a couple years now and find it faster and more user friendly than IE or Netscape. There are a coupe sites that I cant log into with Firefox and have to use IE for them but most sites are no problem. The nice feature of putting your most common sites on a tool bar make it quick and easy to navigate them.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

I have also been using Firefox for several years and am a big fan. It's faster than IE and they have some great extensions (add-ons). One of them is IE View that deals with the problem of sites that aren't compatible with Firefox (not that there are that many). Other good extensions are FasterFox, Adblock Plus and Autofill.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:34 PM

Would another browser be the answer for me? I am having trouble seeing items in websites - for instance, in this website, I cannot see the ads.

I eliminated AOL, thinking that was the problem. I was wondering if Internet Explorer was an issue.

If so, what would I do to replace it?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

If you can't see ads, you probably have some kind of ad blocker program running. I think that is a good thing. However, if you want to replace Internet Explorer as your browser, go to firefox.com and download Firefox. I think it's much better and safer than IE. If you don't like it, you can always go back to using IE since it will always be on your computer (Windows won't let you uninstall it).
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:08 AM

Personally I prefer Firefox because it is much safer, and there are not as many pop ups. I used to like IE until I got used to Firefox.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.