Hand Scanner

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Veteran member
Default Hand Scanner

I'm working on a project to recondition my pinball machines and I need to be able to scan part of the playfield. Does anyone have a hand scanner that I could borrow to test it out before I purchase my own? I would only need it for about a week.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Why not take a picture? if you are careful to keep the camera perpendicular to the surface this should work well, then you can scale and crop as necessary. Also, if the flash interferes with the picture, turn off the flash and place a light off center to light the surface and not reflect. I have done this several times, most recently to rescale a game board, with very good success.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
I'm working on a project to recondition my pinball machines and I need to be able to scan part of the playfield. Does anyone have a hand scanner that I could borrow to test it out before I purchase my own? I would only need it for about a week.

Thanks in advance.
If you have an iPhone get an app (free) called CamScanner. Works as good as a desktop scanner.
Closed Thread

Tags
scanner, hand, test, borrow, purchase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.