how to block senders on comcast?

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2020, 07:51 AM
Default how to block senders on comcast?

I want to block an annoying sender on my e-mail. Instructions have so far been somewhat convoluted. e-mail is with comcast.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,412 Times in 5,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
I want to block an annoying sender on my e-mail. Instructions have so far been somewhat convoluted. e-mail is with comcast.
It's a little complicated. You need to go to your inbox, click on the settings "gear", click on email settings, and filter rules. Then, you need to add a new rule by entering the email address you want to block, and I think it will allow you to block that email address.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I have Comcast for internet only. My email comes to my iPhone so I use Apple Mail. I can only speak for Apple products:
Click on senders name (will show in blue) at the top of the email-this senders info will appear so scroll down to “Block Contact” then confirm. I am sure that whatever type (Apple/Android) you have you could search how to block specific emails from that sender
Old 10-04-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
I have Comcast for internet only. My email comes to my iPhone so I use Apple Mail. I can only speak for Apple products:
Click on senders name (will show in blue) at the top of the email-this senders info will appear so scroll down to “Block Contact” then confirm. I am sure that whatever type (Apple/Android) you have you could search how to block specific emails from that sender
To clarify, I think if you are a Comcast customer for Internet only, you still have a Comcast email account. Your email messages can be accessed through the Xfinity.com website, or through almost any email app loaded on your smart phone. My instructions for blocking senders was from the Xfinity.com website to block the emails directly from the website before they reach your phone. You may also be able to block senders using the email app on your phone, but, you will need to follow the specific instructions for the app or for the phone itself. There are many different email apps that can be downloaded onto your phone to receive emails from almost any email server.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

On the Comcast system, is there a way to block all mail from a specific domain?
Old 10-04-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
On the Comcast system, is there a way to block all mail from a specific domain?
I know that you can set up specific email filter "rules" to block individual email addresses on the Xfinity website. But, I have never tried to block an entire domain.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:31 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

[QUOTE=retiredguy123;1842537]To clarify, I think if you are a Comcast customer for Internet only, you still have a Comcast email account.

That does not sound right . I have a Hotmail (Outlook) Email account and have had it for years while using Century Link as my internet provider. Always set up rules under the Hotmail software. Just switched to Comcast and still have the Hotmail account. No changes because of provider. If I am at a hotel , It still is Hotmail no matter who the internet provider is.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=mtdjed;1842925]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To clarify, I think if you are a Comcast customer for Internet only, you still have a Comcast email account.

That does not sound right . I have a Hotmail (Outlook) Email account and have had it for years while using Century Link as my internet provider. Always set up rules under the Hotmail software. Just switched to Comcast and still have the Hotmail account. No changes because of provider. If I am at a hotel , It still is Hotmail no matter who the internet provider is.
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that every Comcast customer has access to an email account. You can select a Hotmail email address (or any email address) as your login user name, but you are assigned a Comcast email address by default. It is a free service. Go to Xfinity.com on the internet and log in to your Xfinity account. Then, click on email and I think it will take you to your Comcast inbox that will probably show a bunch of emails from Xfinity. You can also register your Comcast email address on any email phone app (or Outlook) and view the messages on your phone. Also, I think you can keep the Comcast email service even if you cancel your Xfinity service altogether.

Note: if you use Outlook, you can view more than one email server. So, if you wanted to view the Comcast.net emails on Outlook, you would need to add an account to Outlook by storing your Comcast.net email address and your Xfinity password into Outlook as a second account.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 10-04-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
How to Block Emails on Comcast. Block and Automatically Delete emails… | by David Webster | Medium
Closed Thread

Tags
block, comcast, e-mail, convoluted, instructions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.