How can I delete Gmail messages--more than one at a time--from my iPad?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default How can I delete Gmail messages--more than one at a time--from my iPad?

Gmails pile up on my iPad, especially from companies I have ordered from online. I cannot figure out how to delete Gmails except for marking each one, one at a time. It's a tedious process so I rarely do it. I have to be missing something because surely Google cannot be that primitive.

Is there a way to mark all of the Gmails at one time and then go back and unmark the few I want to keep before sending the rest to the trash to delete forever?

I have Googled this question, only to find convoluted directions that refer to things I can't find anywhere on my Gmail account.

I hope a TOTVer can help me with simple instructions for a streamlined way to get rid of all these emails.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Sage

If you're using the default reader like I do, there is an "Edit" command above the list of emails. If you click that, you can select as many emails as you like by tapping the circle next to the email. When you have those you want selected, you can then select "Archive" which in effect deletes them off your email list. (They're not gone forever, but they're gone for all intents and purposes unless you choose to retrieve them later.)
Old 05-29-2017, 10:24 AM

You can't but you can log into your gmail account from a laptop or desktop and delete them.When you log in on your phone they should be gone.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage

If you search your emails with key words, to/from, categories that you want to delete, you can select all and delete. Assumes you are on a Windows computer.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

Are you using the Gmail app or are you accessing Gmail in a browser? If using the browser is there not a square check box to the left of the Mail? If so just check them off and delete them. If using the Gmail app you could tap the circle on the left-hand side and delete a bunch of them that way.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage

On my iPad, I just hit Edit and select each one I want to delete by clicking on the circle to the left of the email. Then click on Trash at the bottom and they're gone.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:43 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
You can't but you can log into your gmail account from a laptop or desktop and delete them.When you log in on your phone they should be gone.

It is the account I use when ordering online from Amazon and a few others. Then comes the annoying barrage of follow-up emails from those companies. I don't look at that account very often and those unwanted marketing ploys sure can pile up. (I know how to unsubscribe but that does not always apply.)

That is why I want to be able to mark them all at once and then go back and unmark those I want to keep. Clicking on the little dot, one dot at a time, gets ridiculous.

Uberschaf, I am going to try your method soon.

Thank you to all who tried to help me.
Closed Thread

Tags
gmails, delete, time, find, ipad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.