How to print thumbnails of photos of donated items for taxes

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Location: 1711 Pebble Beach Ln, Country Club Hills, Lady Lake
Default How to print thumbnails of photos of donated items for taxes

I moved down to The VIllages from IL a month ago. I have a lot of photos I took in 2016 and 2017 of items I donated to either Goodwill or the Salvation Army. I want to add the price to each photo and then put as many of the pictures on a sheet of paper for taxes. I am having a hard time figuring out how to do this. Especially how to take a bunch of photos and print them out as thumbnail size. ANy help is very much appreciated.
Thanks
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...s/confused.gif
Old 04-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1001 View Post
I moved down to The VIllages from IL a month ago. I have a lot of photos I took in 2016 and 2017 of items I donated to either Goodwill or the Salvation Army. I want to add the price to each photo and then put as many of the pictures on a sheet of paper for taxes. I am having a hard time figuring out how to do this. Especially how to take a bunch of photos and print them out as thumbnail size. ANy help is very much appreciated.
Thanks
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...s/confused.gif
Do you have Power Point or MS Word?
Old 04-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Jnieman has a good point, you can do what you want in Word, I have not tried this in Notepad, but it might be possible there also.

You could also rename each photo with the information, and then bring up the thumbnail preview in full screen, then use the print screen function on your computer, paste the saved image in notepad or word, and print.

Hope this helps, send me a PM if you still cannot get what you want.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:50 PM

I have both powerpoint and MS Word. So I insert each picture into a word doc, adjust the size to thumbnail, put a text box on each pic with the price on it and then print the page out?
Old 04-09-2017, 07:53 PM

My pics are in the icloud. Is there a way to like select maybe 15 photos and move them to the word doc at once?
Thanks for your replies!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
My pics are in the icloud. Is there a way to like select maybe 15 photos and move them to the word doc at once?
Thanks for your replies!
Power Point is much more easy to use for what you want to do. Word doesn't cooperate inserting multiple photos at one time. It allows you to but then trying to resize them and type under each one is a problem. In power point you remove the template that pops up when you open a new page by deleting it. Then click insert picture, it will take you to your photos. Hold down the control key and select the photos to insert, say ok. Then resize each photo. Then under each photo insert a text box and type.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Thanks so much. I will try your suggestion using Powerpoint. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks so much. I will try your suggestion using Powerpoint. I'll let you know how it goes.
Good luck. If you have any questions, email me jnieman@aol.com
Closed Thread

Tags
photos, print, taxes, donated, items

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.