HP instant ink

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Sage
Default HP instant ink

Did you know thar if you subscribe to HPS instant ink plan they can disable your printer through their internet access?
Happened to me. HP made a mistake and canceled my instant ink plan. They then shut down my printer.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

WOW! Try Goggling your printer and see if there is a factory reset. Sometimes there is a hidden button or a combination of buttons at power on that will reset the printer. I cannot believe they would shut down your printer. Thanks for the warning, looks like HP will be off my list for a replacement printer.
If this is a new purchase, and HP is resistant to turn it back on, check with your credit company and dispute the purchase. If the "remote turn off" was not called out in the instant ink plan, then a call to the FL Attorney General may be in order as HP is depriving you of a service (your printer) that you paid for.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Sage

OP, just did a Goggle search 'hp printer and instant ink problems' and found a lot of info, this might help you. A very quick scan looks like it might be a problem on your computer.
Hope this helps.
If not then escalate.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Platinum member

Thats why I hate that company and the outrageous ink prices.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Sage

I have always stayed with Canon, you can purchase after market ink, and cartridges that you can refill at home, I have done this with the last 2 printers. I have a set of cartridges for the former printer, and the resetting device. These pay for them selves in the first year easily. Not sure if anyone has done this for HP.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Did you know thar if you subscribe to HPS instant ink plan they can disable your printer through their internet access?
Happened to me. HP made a mistake and canceled my instant ink plan. They then shut down my printer.
If you get your printer back on, there is a way to cancel the instant ink process, then go to:
Inkproducts.com,
they list HP in the products that they supply ink for.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:19 AM
Sage

I got on the phone with HP and they admitted they had made an error in canceling my instant ink plan. Their apology was 2 months free. Printer is now working fine..I like the convenience of ink delivery when it's needed and not having to spend $70 a pop for the ink but I was shocked to learn that they could disable my printer. Guess I didn't read the fine print.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

Tags
ink, instant, plan, printer, made, happened, mistake, access, shut, canceled, thar, subscribe, hps, disable, internet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.