HP printer help

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Platinum member
Default HP printer help

I am fairly good at solving tech problems but my 9-month old HP printer (MFP M130nw) has me buffaloed. I think the wireless connection is OK. It says paper out meaning the rollers won't grab the sheet. But if I use just the copy function the paper does feed. I need someone to come to our home and troubleshoot. Who should I call? Technically it's under warranty but I can't even find a phone number for HP,
Old 02-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Have you tried reloading the printer driver? The HP support site will have your printer's driver, and before I went through the hassle of getting it checked under warranty, I would reload the driver and see what happens. First though, I would unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in and try printing again. This website has the drivers.

HP HP Printers | HP(R) Customer Support
Old 02-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I am fairly good at solving tech problems but my 9-month old HP printer (MFP M130nw) has me buffaloed. I think the wireless connection is OK. It says paper out meaning the rollers won't grab the sheet. But if I use just the copy function the paper does feed. I need someone to come to our home and troubleshoot. Who should I call? Technically it's under warranty but I can't even find a phone number for HP,
Open it up on the back of the printer to see if a piece of paper is stuck in the rollers. On mine there is a door on the back. Also if that doesn't work unplug the printer at where the plug connects to the printer, wait 10 seconds then plug back in. This will reset it. Sometimes HP printers get confused.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Don't forget that if you reload the printer drivers (which I recommend). Unplug the printer from the power and also disconnect the printer from the system (if you are using any usb connection to it). Then follow the instructions exactly when you start the driver install.

(worked for HP and HPE)
Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

What I typically do when our color inkjet printers fail - or need new ink cartridges. Get a new printer and recycle the old.

Last time about 4 months ago, we got a very nice HP 4655 Officejet All-in-One multifunction color printer. Cost about $75 - about what black and color ink cartridges would have cost for our old inkjet. This works so well and has a lot more features...and came with ink cartridges.

I don't play the mfrs game - cheap $$ for the printer and gouge $$ for cartridges, and had bad luck with off-brand cartridges and refill type.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:58 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Sounds like the printer function is looking at the wrong feed. There must be a tray and a manual feed.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Sage

I don't know who would come out and fix it or what they would charge. Once upon a time you could bill at $50-$100/hr and it was still cost effective for the customer.

I looked on youtube and found your printer but nothing that sounds like your problem.

Are you using windows?

go here Search - HP Support Forum

Can you connect the printer using a USB cable? Give it a try. Print a test page using properties.

"But if I use just the copy function the paper does feed." It doesn't sound like a mechanical problem, does it.

Last edited by tomwed; 04-15-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

Try to print test or documentation pages from the printer only. Use the printer display panel. If that works it is not the printer. Then hook up to the printer using USB interface. It should try to install the local driver. Choose that new one to test print fron the pc. If that works, then go thru the wireless setup on the printer panel.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
Try to print test or documentation pages from the printer only. Use the printer display panel. If that works it is not the printer. Then hook up to the printer using USB interface. It should try to install the local driver. Choose that new one to test print fron the pc. If that works, then go thru the wireless setup on the printer panel.
It looks like we were writing at the same time the same thing.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Be careful... Many new printers come with "starter" ink cartridges.
Closed Thread

Tags
paper, printer, home, function, feed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.