I cannot connect to TOTV again---

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Sage
Default I cannot connect to TOTV again---

I'm using a "go around" approach to make this post. Is anyone else having this problem?
I have century link.
Moderator---could you look into this? I'm guessing most users who do not connect easily without using a "go around" approach will just wait a few days.
I'll disconnect and check later.

thank-you
Old 05-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Someone else on here was having a problem yesterday. They also have Century Link.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I'm using a "go around" approach to make this post. Is anyone else having this problem?
I have century link.
Moderator---could you look into this? I'm guessing most users who do not connect easily without using a "go around" approach will just wait a few days.
I'll disconnect and check later.

thank-you
Tom Me Boy, Email them at TALKOFTHEVILLAGES.COM this is the best way to get results quickly but I also saved the last few letter from them and will paste the last one which explains their point of view.

Talk of The Villages - Always FREE for over 12 years!!
CenturyLink Issue Resolved

The issues some of the TOTV users have had accessing the website as a CenturyLink customer we are happy to report that we have been updated that this issue should now be resolved for those CenturyLink customers.

If you are still having an issue you can email us at talkofthevillages@gmail.com and we can try to assist individually. If you can access the site and need some website support you can contact us by clicking on the link at the bottom of any website page.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

This note was sent out on 4/26/2018. I can't believe I actually got that on there successfully. Next thing you know I'll be typing in different colors and sizes and pushing people around. Just joking.

P.S. while sitting here waiting for my 8 AM to Noon DirecTv Appointment I called in to see how things were going and got a real live wire on the line. I shed a few tears about waiting and the representative excused himself and came back two minutes later with a $40 per month reduction for our bill. Life is good technology sucks. Good Luck with your problem Tomwed. CenturyLinkster is on strike two with me one more false move and its back to the Monster of all Companies, The Evil Comcast.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Tom Me Boy, Email them at TALKOFTHEVILLAGES.COM this is the best way to get results quickly but I also saved the last few letter from them and will paste the last one which explains their point of view.

Talk of The Villages - Always FREE for over 12 years!!
CenturyLink Issue Resolved

The issues some of the TOTV users have had accessing the website as a CenturyLink customer we are happy to report that we have been updated that this issue should now be resolved for those CenturyLink customers.

If you are still having an issue you can email us at talkofthevillages@gmail.com and we can try to assist individually. If you can access the site and need some website support you can contact us by clicking on the link at the bottom of any website page.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

This note was sent out on 4/26/2018. I can't believe I actually got that on there successfully. Next thing you know I'll be typing in different colors and sizes and pushing people around. Just joking.

P.S. while sitting here waiting for my 8 AM to Noon DirecTv Appointment I called in to see how things were going and got a real live wire on the line. I shed a few tears about waiting and the representative excused himself and came back two minutes later with a $40 per month reduction for our bill. Life is good technology sucks. Good Luck with your problem Tomwed. CenturyLinkster is on strike two with me one more false move and its back to the Monster of all Companies, The Evil Comcast.
Lol......yep, this is the guy I was talking about. Hope for both of your sakes this problem is resolved much quicker than the last time.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Someone else on here was having a problem yesterday. They also have Century Link.
When I was having the same problem our son who was visiting said with a straight face....Did you pay the bill??? Another gift of The Villages I don't have to hear such foolishness every day. I wonder where he got that smart mouth from????
Old 05-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
When I was having the same problem our son who was visiting said with a straight face....Did you pay the bill??? Another gift of The Villages I don't have to hear such foolishness every day. I wonder where he got that smart mouth from????
More LOL along with deep understanding because of experience with similar situations.

We switched up north to Verizon some time back, but we only have internet service. We had Comcast for years and my husband spent many a Saturday night wrestling with them via phone. Sometimes he'd win, sometimes he'd lose. I guess he finally got tired of it.

One good bit of news that I see on TOTV discussion about Comcast is that when villagers say they call, Comcast will often keep you at the same rate after the contract is up. No such luck up here. It's no wonder the Comcast offices around here have their customer service representatives behind bullet proof glass.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:18 PM
Sage

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm back on using chrome and no "go arounds."
I guess somebody flushed their cache and away went troubles, down the drain, Router Rooter.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Thanks for everyone's help. I'm back on using chrome and no "go arounds."
I guess somebody flushed their cache and away went troubles, down the drain, Router Rooter.
Nucky and I helped? Well there's a new one....lol
Old 05-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Nucky and I helped? Well there's a new one....lol
Must be a misprint. We're going to get cancelled. LOL

Glad you are good tomwed.

Last week the landscaper was drunk driving cutting our lawn. He wasn't driving the truck they came in. Turns out he nailed my DirecTV pole that holds the satellite. All fixed up except we lost all the library of shows we had including Roseanne. The guy fixed the wire for the Century Link also. What a great person.

He did a better job cutting drunk than not drunk. You have to see it. Horrendous. What do you expect for $45 a month.

We're back in action .
Old 05-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Must be a misprint. We're going to get cancelled. LOL

Glad you are good tomwed.

Last week the landscaper was drunk driving cutting our lawn. He wasn't driving the truck they came in. Turns out he nailed my DirecTV pole that holds the satellite. All fixed up except we lost all the library of shows we had including Roseanne. The guy fixed the wire for the Century Link also. What a great person.

He did a better job cutting drunk than not drunk. You have to see it. Horrendous. What do you expect for $45 a month.

We're back in action .
Glad to see you're both back in business, even if it is only monkey business.
Closed Thread

Tags
approach, connect, users, easily, disconnect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.