I know what I did, but I don't know how to fix it

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Default I know what I did, but I don't know how to fix it

I accidentally deleted my router from my computer, thus I can't get on the Internet. Can someone explain to me how to get it back? Thanking in advance.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,241 Posts

OK, we need a LOT more info, Windows or Apple product? If windows version?

You should be able to just create a new connection, Windows has a step by step process to do this, you will need the name of your router (SSID), and your password (I hope it is NOT password). I cannot help for Apple products.
Windows:
Get to CONTROL PANEL, select Network, then select setup new connection, and then follow the prompts.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel View Post
I accidentally deleted my router from my computer, thus I can't get on the Internet. Can someone explain to me how to get it back? Thanking in advance.

by deleting do you mean disconnected? when searching for your router look for a small icon (bars) showing signal strength click on this and it will show all the routers in your area....pick out yours and click on it...you may need a password that was used on initial set up to connect to it though. hope this helps
Old 12-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Did you router come with a disc? My Linskey 2500 had a installation disc, I had to reconnect my router a couple of months ago but that was because Microsoft jammed my computer with Windows 10, even though I said I didn't want it.

I found out that a computer's wireless section has a driver also. I wasn't able to get my printer to work for a couple of months. I went online and got a new HP printer driver downloaded, but that didn't help the priner. Then one day I read with Windows 10 your computer might need a new wireless driver. I found one for my computer, dowloaded the new driver and within a minute my printer was working again.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:35 PM

Sorry, I have Windows. I tried doing what you said and it says I added it but still no Internet.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:35 PM

Sorry, I have Windows. It says I added it but I don't think so because still no Internet.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:48 PM

What is a network security key?
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, advance, thanking, back, explain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.