IE 10 not compitable with Comcast Email

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default IE 10 not compitable with Comcast Email

Computer did an automatic download last night of Internet Explorer 10.....when I tried to access my email today, I could see what new mail I had but I could NOt open the individual Emails. After many calls and disconnects with Comcast I finally determined there was a non-compitability problem between IE10 and Comcast Mail....internet worked fine. Comcast will tell you its a computer problem and that I should switch to Chrome or some other browser.

I UNINSTALLED Internet 10 and IE 9 came back up. I now have my mail.

Can some one tell me how do I "prevent" IE 10 from being automatically installed in the future????
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Sage

I have a new Dell touchscreen desktop with Windows 8 and IE 10....having similar problems with IE 10 and Yahoo Mail. Firefox works fine for yahoo mail.

I did read a workaround that had to do with disabling add-ons but haven't pursued it yet. Between firefox and the ipad I have many other ways to get to yahoo mail, but, it is annoying that IE 10 won't work.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Computer did an automatic download last night of Internet Explorer 10.....when I tried to access my email today, I could see what new mail I had but I could NOt open the individual Emails. After many calls and disconnects with Comcast I finally determined there was a non-compitability problem between IE10 and Comcast Mail....internet worked fine. Comcast will tell you its a computer problem and that I should switch to Chrome or some other browser.

Can some one tell me how do I "prevent" IE 10 from being automatically installed in the future????
quit using auto updates
Old 03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post

My computer was set for auto updates until this IE10 update last week. Totally locked IE for me so I changed the settings so that no Microsoft updates would run without my ok. One of the reasons that I also use Google Chrome as an Internet search engine. You can change the settings in the control panel.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Sage

It's alays good to have another internet browser like Firefox along with IE9.

I had the same problem going from IE8 to 9. Lost my ability to communicste on e-mail with Optimum in CT. Worked with Firefox with no problem. Never got to the bottom of it but it's alright as i don't have Optimum anymore.

I agree that you shouldn't have automatic updates as I think it's best you have the option to change versions with your approval. I remember when Java updates were causing problems and I chose not to instal them.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks for the info. I was debating as to whether I should put IE10 on my system. I guess that is a no for now.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM
Eternal Member

Running IE10 under Windows 7 and Windows 8 with no problems. I use Outlook 2007, along with accounts on Gmail and Hotmail and have NO e-mail problems.

Problem most likely resides with your e-mail compatibility. Using IE on the URL line you will see a small icon that looks like a piece of paper that has been torn in half. Click on that and see what happens.

Your e-mail program may not be up to the current standards of HTML5.

VG
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer View Post
Running IE10 under Windows 7 and Windows 8 with no problems. I use Outlook 2007, along with accounts on Gmail and Hotmail and have NO e-mail problems.

Problem most likely resides with your e-mail compatibility. Using IE on the URL line you will see a small icon that looks like a piece of paper that has been torn in half. Click on that and see what happens.

Your e-mail program may not be up to the current standards of HTML5.

VG
WHEN will you be moving here permanently, VG? You have all the answers!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.