Printer Question

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Default Printer Question

I went to print a Groupon voucher and this gibberish came out of my printer. Then I tried printing a word document and that came out fine as well as a coupon I printed off facebook. Anyone know why the Groupon voucher didn't print properly? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	78795  
Old 03-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Try copying the voucher, paste it to a Word document...and see if that prints?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,462 Times in 3,089 Posts

Or you can maximize your browser with the coupon displaying on the page. Then hit shift-print_screen (would be the key next to your scroll lock, near your number lock key in the upper right of your keyboard somewhere).

Then open up MS Paint, control-V to paste the copied screen onto the paint page, and print from there. You'd be printing the image of your entire monitor desktop, not just the coupon. But it'll serve as a work-around. And you can edit out tabs or personal stuff by using the Paint program's brush or eraser to black out anything on your desktop you don't want to present to the store.

I do this when I win stuff from a work-related app, and the company wants a copy of my paystub to prove eligibility. I print the screen and edit out my social security number and bank account info, then save and upload to the company.

Another workaround is to right-click on the browser page that displays the coupon, and "save" as a PDF file. Then print it out from your PDF reader.
Closed Thread

Tags
printer, voucher, groupon, print, facebook

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.